PDA

View Full Version : unjust tunisian aeromedical center decision

aminzakhama
30th Nov 2010, 11:21
hello my colleagues:a friend of mine is a tunisian pilot with JAA FROZEN ATPL:and he is tunisian national;so when he has been back in tunisia to apply for a job withnational airlines;he has been in tunisian AMC in order to get his current european class 1 jar-fcl 3 validated:but he was surprised by the refusal of the chief doctor and the unjust declaration of permanently unfit!!
and it was due to personnel fight with an examiner there after completing all the examination successfully!!
and they informed him that he is 1000 per cent fit and in excellent health but they will not issue him a tunisian medical!!
please can you suggest me how he can get his right back and get his tunisian medical?
it is unfair and illegal to make such decision towards a fully qualified pilot !!
i know that is not the right place to post it but it have been closed by moderator in the medical forum!!
i don't know why??

GlueBall
30th Nov 2010, 12:15
Your profile says that you're from Czech Republic [?) and you're enquiring about your job seeking Tunisian friend's alleged medical problem at Tunis? . . . He can't speak for himself? Are you his attorney? :ooh:

wheelbarrow
30th Nov 2010, 12:40
Kurva buy him a camel, and if you read what the moderator wrote thats the reason, perhaps you have eyesight issues?

dixi188
30th Nov 2010, 16:24
I may have missed something, but if your friend had a fight with the ME then I think it is possible that the medical may have been refused on Psycological grounds!

We don't want fights in the flight deck!

411A
2nd Dec 2010, 06:54
We don't want fights in the flight deck!

Nor malcontents, as I'm sure there are those enough already.:}

Bealzebub
2nd Dec 2010, 12:54
All the double exclamation marks and "1000%" type quotes, rather suggests you are prone to exaggeration, however most aviation authorities have an appeals process for an individual to use, if they believe an unjust determination has been made. You should understand that a medical certificate is not a "right" it is a privilige that is granted if the applicant satisfies a fairly long list of pre-determined criteria. On top of that the medical examiner will make a personal assessment of the individuals physical and mental state based on his medical history, reports, observation and any direction from the authority.

I am not sure what you mean when you say "your friend" had a fight with an examiner after sucessfully completing a medical examination? I can't really understand what on Earth would cause such a thing? Do you mean an argument (if so why?) or do you mean a physical altercation? If it is the latter, then I cannot say I am in any way surprised by the result, since it wouldn't suggest the requisite degree of common sense, self control or emotional stability, inherent with the certification being sought.

What he does about it, is up to him. On the assumption that there is any avenue for redress or reassessment, your friend should perhaps embark on some serious damage limitation. In the first instance that would be to write to the issuing authority setting out the facts and asking for the appeals process to be made clear. I have serious doubts that this decision was as you say "illegal" since there is no basis in your statement for the claim. However if a legal practioner in Tunisia advised that may be an avenue for reversal, then there is your friends best attempt at remedy, consult a solicitor (or local equivalent.)

Life is unfair, "illegal" is an often overused and misunderstood word. Your friend isn't "fully qualfied" as he is (according to you) determined unfit to hold the necessary medical certificate, which is a prime component of qualification.

aminzakhama
5th Dec 2010, 12:20
no it was some discussion only with the examiner:this doctor said to him:ok today you have finished but be back next week and today we have no time for you we will issue your medical later ; so he has been upset by this fact and i want to report also that he has been after this fact in europe and he has got his JAR FCL class 1 medical without any problem!!
but he needs a tunisian one to fly for the airlines here:is there a law that oblige him in this case to never be back in the tunisian AMC for the issue of his medical(after 1 or 2 years)??