PDA

View Full Version : What Caused the Melt Down at Garuda?

swedish
29th Nov 2010, 19:37
Looks like a bit of a mess?

http://www.garuda-indonesia.com/news/2010/11/26/garuda-flights-back-to-normal:

:eek:

Hotel Tango
29th Nov 2010, 20:07
It's all Swedish to me mate. What exactly do you mean?

Hotel Tango
29th Nov 2010, 20:10
OK, your link didn't work fully but I guess you mean this:

Friday, 26 November 2010 13:12:02
Garuda Flights Back To Normal
Category: Press Release(939 view)
As planned, Garuda Indonesia's operations have returned to normal on Thursday after problems caused by the recent implementation of a new Integrated Operational Control System (IOCS), which had led to delays and cancellations, have been resolved.

Thanks to intensive efforts to overcome a computer glitch in the new IT system, operations went back to normal on Wednesday (24/11) when 103 domestic and international flights ran on schedule from Soekarno-Hatta.

On Thursday (25/11) at 18.00 WIB, operations went smoothly without a hitch. As many as 195 flights departed from Soekarno-Hatta for destinations in Indonesia and abroad.

Regarding the breakdown of the Integrated Operational Control System, on Thursday (25/11), Garuda Indonesia together with the Ministry of Communications and PT. Merpati Nusantara attended a hearing with Indonesia's House Representative. (DPR) Commission V in which it endorses PT Garuda Indonesia's intentions to carry out full investigations and audit (including an audit on the IT system) of the flight chaos that endured from November 18 till November 24, 2010. The management of Garuda Indonesia has been asked to report its findings openly to public.

DPR's Commission V also asked Garuda Indonesia’s Board of Directors to impose appropriate sanctions and take stern measures towards those found responsible for negligence, carelessness or premeditated actions which had resulted in the disruptions.

Jakarta, November 25, 2010

PT. GARUDA INDONESIA
VP.CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS

minstermineman
29th Nov 2010, 22:39
DPR's Commission V also asked Garuda Indonesia’s Board of Directors to impose appropriate sanctions and take stern measures towards those found responsible for negligence, carelessness or premeditated actions which had resulted in the disruptions.

Is that official speak for intentional sabotage of the new system ?
(my highlighting of the text)