PDA

View Full Version : vc-10 dimensions

mat777
29th Nov 2010, 18:49
Hi all,

(mods please feel free to move this post to a more appropriate board if neccessary)

As part of my uni aero eng course we have to do a 3-view 2d CAD drawing of a multi-engine civil transport aircraft the conforms to the faa specification/certification that all modern airliners conform to (the lecturer only mentioned this quickly so i didnt catch it very well. am i right in thinking is spec/cert 25 or 35?)

we are supposed to turn out stuff such as this:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh5/rockin_all_over_the_world/3v.jpg

i was thinking of doing a VC10 as its realtively simple to draw compared to the complicated wings modern jetliners have. however, i have been unable to find any definitive and all inclusive dimensions. these are all i can find so far:

Technical Specifications (http://www.vc10.net/Technical/technical_specifications.html)

however, i am missing things such as fuselage height, wing dihedral angle etc etc.

can anyone please help?

thanks in advance,

matt

ChristiaanJ
30th Nov 2010, 21:24
Matt,
I can't see your problem.

Even with the low-resolution three-view in your link, a ruler and a pocket calculator, you should be able to scale/derive nearly all the dimensions and angles, given a couple of basic measurements such as wing span and fuselage length.

I doubt you're being asked to produce a production drawing to the nearest millimetre.

CJ

mat777
1st Dec 2010, 16:19
Thanks CJ, i thought id have to end up doing that but I was just wondering if anyone had any additional measurements to hand that could have helped.

Also, that 3 view wasnt the most high res job in the world.

Never mind, I've managed to get my mitts on a copy of JAWA 1969-70. My God, its a tome and a half!

mat777
1st Dec 2010, 18:27
DAMN AND BUGGER!!!

further research suggests the VC10 was in fact certified to CAR 4b in '63, predating FAR.25 by 2 years :ugh:

does anyone know if it was ever re-certified?
would the '65 1150 Super have been independantly tested to FAR.25 or would it have flown under the original certificate?