PDA

View Full Version : Israeli made aircraft (G200, Galaxy, etc) and not allowed to overfly Syria

Uncle Wiggily
25th Nov 2010, 08:17
Was told the other day that a G200 charter required an extra 45 minutes added to the charter quote because the G200 is banned from overflying Syria. Anybody else run across this issue. Also, the G200 is now banned from landing in Beirut as of this week.

Curious to know if others have this type of info.?

GLJ Dispatch
25th Nov 2010, 08:50
Hi all,

I would be very surprised, but on the other hand it's clear that 'certain' countries are restricting traffic linked to Israel. I can imagine if the flight is originating or heading towards Israel that certain countries ban the flight. But so far we didn't face any restrictions linked to the 'type' of aircraft in this area.

Cheers,

Alfred

mattman
25th Nov 2010, 08:58
It is true, we tried recently to go over Syria to Doha and they refused based on the basis it was built in Israel.
We have also been refused landing permission in Lebanon but assured this has been resolved (have not tested it yet).
In the UAE it is the same thing (if you check the Jepp entry requirments) but have been able to get in with some pushing.

The key words now "Constructed in Israel".......

Uncle Wiggily
25th Nov 2010, 10:18
Wow, I am a bit surprised a business-hungry environment like the UAE would impose difficulties on Israeli-Industries manufactured jets.

fjordviking
25th Nov 2010, 12:25
Time for other countries to ban magic carpets, that`ll teach them a lesson.:rolleyes:

jackx123
25th Nov 2010, 12:42
so is the ban due to potential terrorism threat by having an aircraft made in israel:confused:

Flying Mechanic
25th Nov 2010, 12:49
u can take the G200 into UAE no problems. Few countries in Africa wont let u over fly, ie Libya. I heard Syria, Jordan, Leb its a problem.I hope they get it right with the G250!!

John Miller
25th Nov 2010, 13:10
G200/Yak48... tell them it comes from Russia. :ooh:

411A
25th Nov 2010, 14:10
This has been going on for many years with some countries, since the Israeli's purchased the Jet Commander line from Rockwell.
On-off from time to time.

dc9-32
25th Nov 2010, 17:59
Jordan, no problem. Syria yes and they won't give an official reply as to why except "it's manufactured in Israel".

The way into UAE region from Europe would be Egypt/Jordan/Saudi/Bahrain or Turkey/Iraq/Kuwait/Bahrain.

With Lebanon, anyone have this from an official source ??

500 above
25th Nov 2010, 20:42
Only the Lebanese telliing us not to come back...

dc9-32
26th Nov 2010, 05:38
500above - Lebanese what ?? CAA, ATC or an agent ??

500 above
26th Nov 2010, 06:50
The handling agent told us that we could not land in Beirut, although a poster above stated the Lebanese may have lifted this restriction. Why not check with Executive Aircraft Services?

Tmbstory
26th Nov 2010, 08:17
Uncle Wiggily:

In the 1980's I ferried a Northen Ireland built aircraft to a South East Asian Nation, we had approval to overfly Syria, then to join the "pipeline" and down to Bahrain.

The instructions I had prior to the flight, from the destination State Department, was that no matter what emergency occured in flight near Israel Territory, I was not to land in Israel.

As it turned out there was no drama, with the exception of the flight through Syrian airspace where the controller tried to insist that I land and pay fees etc. I kept repeating the overflight " Approval Number" of my clearance and as we were then near to the border of their airspace, I crossed it and on to Bahrain.

Tmb

dc9-32
26th Nov 2010, 09:59
"In the 1980's I ferried a Northen Ireland built"

With respect, it's 2010 now - things have changed. It seems the landing of G200's at say OLBA, depends on where the certificates are issued. I am awaiting clarification.

tempilot
26th Nov 2010, 10:12
Just over four years ago I had to do UAE Air Law as part of the issueing of my UAE ATP. I'm sure I read in the UAE AIP that Israeli built aircraft could neither land, take off or overfly in the UAE.
Tempilot