PDA

View Full Version : Canadian citizens and visa crew member.

mustang06
24th Nov 2010, 13:06
Hi guys,

If you have to enter U.S. as a crew member (pilot) of a non Canadian registered aircraft from outside Canada, do you need a Crew Member Visa even if you are a Canadian passport holder?
Thanks, fly safe

mustang06

Cpt. Underpants
24th Nov 2010, 13:24
No, you do not. Valid (Canadian) passport with the standard US entry form which you can get before arrival from the purser or on arrival in immigration. Takes 2 minutes to complete and should be good for years with stamps for about 40 entries.

Lost in Saigon
25th Nov 2010, 11:14
For countries like Australia and Chile, where even Canadians need Visas, aircrew are exempted somehow.

How does that work I wonder?

J.O.
25th Nov 2010, 17:04
Maybe it's because those countries get it??? Why you would need a visa to enter a country while you are working and being paid by a foreign entity that is legally entitled to do business in that destination country is a mystery to me. If you're entering the country to go to work for an employer in that country, that's a different thing entirely. But what would I know? :hmm:

mlindb
4th Dec 2010, 06:22
Let me rephrase Mustang06 question to clear my own doubts:

If you have to enter or overfly the U.S. as a crew member (pilot) of a Canadian or non Canadian registered aircraft from Canada holding a european passport, do you need a Crew Member Visa? Thank you in advance.

PT6A
17th Dec 2010, 11:01
Yes you would need a C1 visa, all crew members except US and Canadian passport holders need a crew visa for the US