PDA

View Full Version : Cwmbran Training College sold!!

size.matters
18th Nov 2010, 09:49
was thinking of starting a course at cwmbran early next year but it looks like BAE systems has sold the college. It has been bought by a company called resource group!!

Resource group buys training college from bae | News ? HBJ Gateley Wareing (http://www.hbjgateleywareing.com/news-and-events/news/item/resource-group-buys-training-college-from-bae/)

Bae systems cwmbran website is gone.

Anybody know anything about tthe company resource group?
should i still go ahead with them or go to ASTAC instead?

thanks

OA32
18th Nov 2010, 13:36
As far as I'm aware the staff are the same it is just the owners that have changed, the website is

Resource Training (http://www.resourcetraining.co.uk/)

Foxy Loxy
18th Nov 2010, 14:21
Nothing has really changed, size.matters, just the name.

SS10
18th Nov 2010, 16:13
size.matters, relax.

Im currently at Resource Training at the moment enrolled on a basic course, nothings changed except the name basically.

From personal experience, I can tell you the college is pretty much impeccable. :ok:

What course are you looking at by the way? May be there the same time as you...

size.matters
18th Nov 2010, 16:46
thanks for the replys

got a shock when i tried to go on there website and it was gone!!

sure arent doing themselves any favours with marketing,you would think they would have a link or something to their new site, it would be hard to find it if you werent looking for it

warsteiner888
4th Dec 2010, 20:27
Hardly surprising looking at the standards involved at the college.

size.matters
5th Dec 2010, 18:26
What you mean by that? ^^

warsteiner888
5th Dec 2010, 19:07
Wasn't very impressed with what they provided in lesson content. To me they seemed to provide the absolute minimum just to meet legal requirments. They had little interest in the student, just the income they received for training. You generally learnt by mistakes and taught yourself what they required. Perhaps that is the ATC norm, felt unprepared when started at my first tower. Just my opinion.

Staff were fine but got the impression it was a money making factory with little thought to quality and standards.

size.matters
5th Dec 2010, 20:55
Thanks for the reply

when did you attend the college?

flyer2004
6th Dec 2010, 09:33
Warsteiner, Sounds like sour grapes to me!

warsteiner888
6th Dec 2010, 13:33
Hardly sour grapes, passed all my courses first time with no issues. Just expected to be taught rather just examined. Perhaps a little naive on my part.

As I mentioned, the staff were fine but the course was not the best in my opinion.

flyer2004
6th Dec 2010, 19:33
Well warsteiner the staff must have been magicians if, by using less than adequate course material managed to get you through several courses successfully first time.
As has been mentioned on various threads before, all colleges provide material according to CAA approval. I guess Cwmbran must be approved and their material is current otherwise your student licence would NOT be valid!!

By the way have you validated any yet!!

warsteiner888
8th Dec 2010, 12:56
Yes several years ago but in my opinion more down to good OJTI. Again it is only my opinion. Other colleges may be exactly the same but I only trained at one so have no comparison.

Did you train there, if so I would be interested in your opinion.

coolbeans
8th Dec 2010, 15:14
I trained there for 3 courses (basic, adi and app) found the staff excellent, had no problem with the learning materials, Then again that could have been because I'm amazing.

2 sheds
9th Dec 2010, 07:22
...but unlikely!

2 s

coolbeans
10th Dec 2010, 13:46
Leave me to my delusions, they keep me warm on these cold cold nights :sad:

DIAF
13th Dec 2010, 07:49
How much does Cwmbran cost?

CJCymru
15th Dec 2010, 21:52
That is a good question! I would also like to know that.

sambatc
16th Dec 2010, 09:14
this time last year it was roughly 20k, I think

DIAF
17th Dec 2010, 11:57
How do you guys finance these courses?