PDA

View Full Version : Online source for Canada Air Pilot?

FerrypilotDK
17th Nov 2010, 22:49
Does anyone know of an online source for Canada Air Pilot? I would like to study several approach plates, but cannot seem to find a source after googling all different ways.

I am just trying to get CYFB, CYYQ and CYGL so it makes buying the whole set seem like a lot for 3 airports.

We have them electronically in the aircraft, but it would be nice to look at them over a cup coffee before leaving.

thanks

bushav8er
18th Nov 2010, 14:11
Online source for Canada Air Pilot? No such animal in this country yet...maybe someone can 'unofficially' scan those for you.

+TSRA
18th Nov 2010, 15:40
Yeah, NavCanada is not on the ball here for digital versions of the CAP just yet - Jepp on the other hand... :ugh:

The only airport charts available digitally are the airport diagrams themselves via this link:

NAV CANADA - Canadian Airport Charts (airport diagrams) (http://www.navcanada.ca/NavCanada.asp?Language=en&Content=ContentDefinitionFiles\Publications\AeronauticalInfo Products\CanadianAirportCharts\default.xml)

J.O.
18th Nov 2010, 16:41
It will be a long time before navigation charts will be available in an open format on line. Beside the obvious safety implications of using incorrect out of date charts, it costs a lot of money to develop and produce them for a fairly limited client base, so it's unlikely that the producers would open it up unless their revenue source could be replaced.

CanadianBacon
19th Nov 2010, 07:15
There was a problem with the printed version in February of this year, and NavCanada posted a complete set of PDF's online.

They're readily available on the flight-sim websites, though out of date.

Birthday Boy
21st Nov 2010, 21:32
Hi FerrypilotDK, I sent you a PM as I have digital copies of the aerodromes that you want. Let me know if you still need them.

BB

bobrun
19th Dec 2010, 19:40
Jeppesen has had online charts for some time now! You can view any chart online, print them, save them on your pc, etc.

Their layout is also better, with terrain depicted in layers, etc. No wonder they are used worldwide. See for yourself.

sgs233a
29th Dec 2010, 21:47
It will be a long time before navigation charts will be available in an open format on line. Beside the obvious safety implications of using incorrect out of date charts, it costs a lot of money to develop and produce them for a fairly limited client base, so it's unlikely that the producers would open it up unless their revenue source could be replaced.

As mentioned in another post, I don't think the technical aspect of making the CAP available in digital format would be the problem - hell, even a PDF - look at the RCAP! (the RCAP is distributed as a PDF on CD).

I have a feeling Nav Canada just wants to be able to charge for a paper CAP....