PDA

View Full Version : The latest job rumour

goatface
16th Nov 2010, 22:45
My people tell me that the current Manager ATC at Humberside is retiring off into the sunset to tend to his sheep, ducks he breeds for sausages and Alpacas, in the not too distant future.

I doubt they'll promote from within, there's only one really genuine internal candidate who could do the job and he's far to sensible to take on the role, the others who are capable of it probably wouldn't want it either.

Perhaps not the most sparkling job in the world, but an excellent opportunity for an external person to go in, prove themselves for a few years then move onto something bigger and better.

Voroff
16th Nov 2010, 23:18
Never tried duck or alpaca sausages, any good?

I've always thought a llama would taste similar to camel which I've eaten in the middle east but ive never tasted one or alpaca which is like a mini llama.

back on topic I'm sure they will have a few applicants and my money is on an ex satco/senior ranker from one of the linconshire raf posts, civil quals won't matter aslong as you are able/willing to deal with sms.

niknak
17th Nov 2010, 21:13
back on topic I'm sure they will have a few applicants and my money is on an ex satco/senior ranker from one of the linconshire raf posts, civil quals won't matter aslong as you are able/willing to deal with sms.

An interesting theory, quite a sweeping statement and certainly not applicable to HUY.
I wonder what you actually know about UK Regional Airports.:rolleyes:
At the vast majority, including most NATS ones, the ATC Manager is required to be a validated ATCO with previous civil experience.

There maybe some where the size of the unit and responsibilities of the GMATS justifies being non validated but I don't know where they are.

pikman
18th Nov 2010, 01:15
Niknak...try most Nats regional units!

rodan
18th Nov 2010, 01:53
...and some non-NATS ones as well, where the head honcho is so bound up in the niff-naff and trivia of management that there is no time to hold validations. To be fair, last I heard, Humberside wasn't one of them.

Back on Planet Topic, I vote for Tim. :ok:

niknak
18th Nov 2010, 19:29
Niknak...try most Nats regional units!

Oh well. that told me then!:p

Back on Planet Topic, I vote for Tim

I've previously voted for Mr P. for many things, unfortuantely it usually involved many pints of Batemans 6x and him winning before we could recall what we were actually voting for.;)

bob marley
20th Nov 2010, 15:12
anyone but him, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeee!!!!!!!!!