PDA

View Full Version : military & a rugby fan?

just another jocky
12th Nov 2010, 08:49
I hear that London Wasps are offering free entry to their Premiership game vs Bath on Sunday to all those in uniform. I suspect you'd need your CO's permission, but not to be sniffed at.

Not sure if this thread is appropriate in here, but thought I'd pass the info on anyway.

just another jocky
12th Nov 2010, 12:10
I am unaware of any rules the other 2 services have regarding the wearing of uniform at public (non-official) events, hence I though it better to suggest one should seek permission. Local commanders may know of certain reasons why it would be a bad idea (ie Peterborough earlier this year). I was not trying to say one MUST seek permission.

Sorry for any ambiguity.

vecvechookattack
12th Nov 2010, 13:05
We could go down the "wearing Uniform in public" thread again but I think we all know that wearing uniform in public is positively encouraged.

Jayand
12th Nov 2010, 14:54
Not in my house it's not.

Pontius Navigator
12th Nov 2010, 16:33
BGG, use a mirror.

just another jocky
13th Nov 2010, 06:41
vvha.... not in Peterborough you're not (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/886753/Fury-at-uniform-ban-for-troops-RAF-Peterborough-Royal-Air-Force.html). That may not be true now as it's 2 years old, but how would you know without seeking clarification.