PDA

View Full Version : FAA Piggyback PPL

felixflyer
10th Nov 2010, 09:54
Thanks

I will be going down the 61.75 route so should be fine.

Regards

felixflyer
10th Nov 2010, 09:59
Hi

I am planning on going to the USA soon to build some hours and am about to start the conversion process. Do I need to have a night rating on my JAR PPL in order to convert if im not planning on flying at night whilst im over there?

Regards

Fuji Abound
10th Nov 2010, 10:45
For a 61.75 no, because your FAA is "based on" your UK licence so all the limitations and restrictions that apply to your UK licence also apply to your 61.75. This has been discussed many times and there are some common areas of confusion. However I think we would all agree that if you dont have a night rating on your UK licence then you cant fly at night on your 61.75. There is no "conversion" for a 61.75.

You may be considering obtaining a stand alone licence. In that event you will be training for a new licence and using your existing licence only to the extent of the exemptions it gives you from the amount of training required. Never the less you cant fly solo until you have the standalone licence (well other than under the authority of your instructor). Once you have your standalone licence you are entitled to fly within its limitations and it has nothing to do with whatever restrictions or limitations are placed on your UK licence.