PDA

View Full Version : Renting an Aoc

jxc
9th Nov 2010, 20:10
sorry couldn't work out how to title this one

looking to get an agreement for ACMi on an aircraft doing 100hrs pm
and have asked if it would be possible to use their AOC which they it would be at a cost !

My question is what sort of figure should one be paying to use someone's AOC
considering you are already leasing of them

Cyrano
11th Nov 2010, 10:33
looking to get an agreement for ACMi on an aircraft doing 100hrs pm
and have asked if it would be possible to use their AOC which they it would be at a cost !

I don't quite understand the question.

You want to contract with operator X for them to do 100 hours of flying for you per month, using their aircraft, on an ACMI (wet-lease) basis. Is that right?

If that's the situation, it'd normally be on their AOC. I would be surprised at an ACMI provider trying to charge extra for use of their AOC - it'd be like them charging you separately for the electricity bill in their office - that's just part of the cost of them doing the business they do.

Or are you saying that you have an aircraft and you want to operate it for someone else on an ACMI basis for 100 hours/month? In that case it would be normal to expect you to have your own AOC - hard to operate ACMI otherwise!

411A
11th Nov 2010, 13:53
My question is what sort of figure should one be paying to use someone's AOC
considering you are already leasing of them

US$150 to 200 per block hour (with positioning/ferrying included) is a standard number, plus regulatory authority fees imposed by the AOC holders regulator.
The above is for a widebody heavy jet.
There would also usually be a requirement to utilise the AOC holders cabin crew and (normally) some maintenance personel.

jxc
11th Nov 2010, 15:29
The company That is offering the ACMI (pilots and 1 cabin crew and a commercial co-ordinator and 2 engineers) is also the same company i asked if I could use their AOC which they said would be ok but want to charge extra for it due to increase risk, What I don't understand considering they are doing everything and I am only supplying passengers where is the extra risk

BOAC
13th Nov 2010, 08:09
Like Cyrano I cannot understand what you are asking. IF you are leasing aircraft, pilots, crew etc under ACMI you will AUTOMATICALLY be using the AOC of the a/c lessors - it will be part of your ACMI contract. Why are you 'asking' to use their AOC? Unless you dry/damp lease and provide your own crews etc TRAINED under the AOC of the lessors I cannot see another way.

"I am only supplying passengers" - that is a 'charter' operation, surely? You should have no involvement in any AOC. In more detail what is this 'operation' you are looking at?

I'm getting an odd feeling of deja vu here................................