PDA

View Full Version : use of thrust reverse

luron
9th Nov 2010, 07:50
hi i have a question regarding the use of reverse on the a320 family aircraft. i know that when a failure occur in flight concerning the reverse once on the ground you can give both reverse, but someone told me that in case of an hyd fail example(loss of green) the use of reverse is restricted only on the remeining reverse is this still true? thank you.

I-2021
9th Nov 2010, 10:24
but someone told me that in case of an hyd fail example(loss of green) the use of reverse is restricted only on the remeining reverse is this still true?

I would not say that it is restricted as a mandatory item. What is going to happen in such a situation is that you will not have N°1 THR reverse available. If you select, upon landing, thrust reverse on that side, the FADEC as per its logic will comand a momentary increase in idle thrust without having the benefit of a thrust reverse action. So you get more thrust in fact, when you do not need it.

Cheers.

EDIT

This is not the case when you dispatch the airplane with 1 THR reverse inoperative, as per maintenance the reverse is deactivated and you can safely apply it without having any negative consequences.

luron
9th Nov 2010, 11:07
thank you...