PDA

View Full Version : DHL generell Information

Fahrer
7th Nov 2010, 20:42
Hi Folks,

I have some questions about DHL in Leipzig.

How is the working atmospere overall?
How is the roster and is the roster reliable?
Is there a lot of proceeding?
Do they have a rapid command programm or do they pay a lot attention to seniority?
What is the income of a FO?
Do they pay for the rating?

Thanks for qualified answers!!!

H.L.

boredcounter
8th Nov 2010, 01:50
I think you may need to be a bit more specific as you will get three different sets of answers for sure. 'DHL' LEJ comprises three core companies:

EAT (BCS) D reg 757
DHL Air UK (DHK) G reg 757/767
Air Contactors (ABR) EI reg A300

Three completely different companies, on different AOCs, different terms and conditions and roster policies / allowable FDPs.

I am only a humble groundie, so I will leave it to my mates aloft to respond to your questions.

Good luck, hope they get back to you,

Bored

Boxshifter
8th Nov 2010, 06:35
Hey Fahrer,

outside of Deutschland it's called positioning or deadhead and not proceedings ;-)

Just as a note on the side. I had to learn it as well :\

Fahrer
8th Nov 2010, 08:40
Okay, to be more specific. Iam looking for DHL/EAT B757 fleet!
Thanks

MrIkea
9th Nov 2010, 16:36
How is the working atmospere overall?
=> Good
How is the roster and is the roster reliable?
=> New German contract is unstructured roster (probably), and never ever has it been reliable with EAT.
Is there a lot of proceeding? = jumpseats / dead-heading
=> Not if you are LEJ-based.
Do they have a rapid command program or do they pay a lot attention to seniority?
=> No rapid command program, they will hire contractors if they have to fill in the gap.
What is the income of a FO?
=> On the new German contract low. Unless the contract (which is not confirmed yet) will change.
Do they pay for the rating?
=> Yes... Who is going to pay for such an old rating ?

If you don't get offered a fixed roster like we (EAT BRU) have at the moment, and you don't live close to Lej, it's going to be difficult positioning all the time...

Fahrer
9th Nov 2010, 16:56
Thanks MRikea,

do you have some information about the screening process? How does the flexible roster work- always stby and 24 hours on call?
And how low is low income just approximate guess would help.
Thanks!
H.L.

dboy
10th Nov 2010, 12:19
Since u have to apply with interpersonal, I guess you have to do those f$;-$ dlr tests??????

Fahrer
10th Nov 2010, 18:22
Do you have any idea how to prepare for those tests? I ám not in the loop about tests, assessments and screenings . Iam working since a couple of years and didn´t pay attention about those things.

Thanks.
H.L.

non0
10th Nov 2010, 18:40
Since u have to apply with interpersonal, I guess you have to do those f$;-$ dlr tests

no specifically the DLR no, but probably they have same sort of psyco BS testing based on the old school BP (Before Playstation).