PDA

View Full Version : 737NG display colors...

TurbofanDude
6th Nov 2010, 03:19
Alright, so this is a burning question to some of us right now. What color are the displays? Are they black, or are they just really dark blue but get brighter when the brightness is turned up? Is it a carrier option?

Thanks in advance,
Collin

STBYRUD
6th Nov 2010, 08:25
To my eyes our screens are as black as an LCD can get with conventional backlighting - the age of the cold cathode can influence the colour somewhat, at least I've seen that happen in older PC screens... Never really crossed my mind that the background could be actually blue! ;)

mvsb1863
6th Nov 2010, 12:19
For God Sake, what a difference this information makes ?????????:ugh:

STBYRUD
6th Nov 2010, 12:54
I am assuming this fellow is building a sim...

TurbofanDude
6th Nov 2010, 16:02
Yes, this perticular information is for a sim, but please don't think less of me for it. I'm not old enough to be a real 737 pilot, or I would. I am trying to fly and have everything look as realistic as I Can. I would much rather just fly a real one, believe me!

Thanks for the responses,

Regards,
Collin

iflytb20
6th Nov 2010, 20:47
From what i recollect the DUs in the sims have a blue-ish color while the ones in the aircraft are black. Wonder if anyone else noticed this - or is it just my eyes :sad:

STBYRUD
6th Nov 2010, 21:19
Depends a lot on the manufacturer, some use the real aircraft parts while others make due with off the rack displays...