PDA

View Full Version : What would the lease rate on a Cessna 206 be?

Air Angus
2nd Nov 2010, 16:53
In Canada, and certainly I'm aware that the details of a lease agreement will change depending on what the deal is, but what can one expect to pay for a commercial 300 hours a year minimum exclusive lease on a Cessna 206 located in the north of the western provinces? Would be a wheels machine, no floats, operating out of gravel strips and some pavement ferrying people on short hops.

Appreciate the time, not looking for aircraft offers, just a ballpark of what I should be looking at lease wise.

20driver
3rd Nov 2010, 19:20
Dry or wet.
Does this include the crew.
Who pays Maintenance ?
Who provides insurance and how much - that is the biggie
Where do the crew and aircraft overnight and who pays for that?
What is the the on call period, 24/7 or M-F ?

You could get a fair idea by calling around and getting some spot wet charter prices from the nearest airport then back out the components above.

As a rough starting point consider Capital cost, Insurance and ROI at 50% of the spot rate
Fuel, MX and crew as the other half.

20driver

EricCartman
8th Nov 2010, 11:07
if you are looking for the beast lease (to maximize profit if you have the customers) then you'll want to look at paying a monthly fee (payment / lease payment, etc) and an hourly reserves cost for engine, accessories, prop, governor and avionics

in the big boy world (not 206s) they have what are called ACMI leases - where the operator provides (via hourly, daily, weekly or monthly lease) aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance - the customer just pays for fuel and handles all their own marketing, booking, etc. (financial risk)

a colleague and I are seriously considering buying a 206 - let me know if you have a turn key situation with revenue & the only reason that you are considering a lease is because you are avoiding conventional financing