PDA

View Full Version : Rimowa pilot bag (LH).

notanastronaut
31st Oct 2010, 14:49
Dear all:
I have recently run into a couple of LH crews. Some of the cockpit crew was carrying a RIMOWA flight bag. However it was not the usual square/rectangular one, BUT one with a ROUNDED top. Still aluminum but curved at the top. Does anyone one the style number or name.
I looked everywhere.
Thanks!
NAA

DBate
31st Oct 2010, 16:02
Hi,

unfortunately I cannot tell you the name of that case, but I have met many colleagues who are not very satisfied with it. After a while most of them had problems opening/closing the flightcase; the top 'slides' into and out of the case, but after a while it gets stuck...

notanastronaut
31st Oct 2010, 16:05
DBate:
Thanks for the input.
NAA

inbalance
31st Oct 2010, 19:44
I found it for you:

Koffer und Taschen von Samsonite, Rimowa, Eastpak, Vaude, Bree - Koffer24.de (http://www.koffer24.de/home.php?artNr=950-35&lang=de&pr=*)

369 Euro, 5 years garantee

31st Oct 2010, 23:24
I bought a flight bag three years ago...an anonymous brand from a nearby luggage shop for around 50Euros...its perfect for a headset, route manual, licence, spare specs,spare torch etc...and DARN strong! I managed to run over it in my car one morning by mistake and att it had was a little scuff mark! :D

What I'm saying is, don't only go for big name brands, you may be disappointed. Prior to this bag I used a big brand name flight bag/overnight bag and wasn't terribly impressed.

notanastronaut
1st Nov 2010, 05:10
A million thanks!!!!!!!! Outstanding job.
NAA