PDA

View Full Version : ACA slams Qantas as "Shonky"

Ejector
26th Oct 2010, 04:03
Australian Consumers’ Association who publishes 'CHOICE' has labelled 'Shonky' for excessive credit card charges when people book tickets.
Yes, this is a pilot forum, and not saying the crews support these thieves, I think most hate the management.

more info below
L'Oreal and Qantas get Choice Shonky Awards | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/business/loreal-and-qantas-get-choice-shonky-awards/story-e6frfm1i-1225792215153)

incredible

Pretzal
26th Oct 2010, 04:27
Most Qantas pilots would have spent many many years getting that job and to suggest that they would be 'supporting' the excessive credit card fees by continuing their employment is ludicrous! Nobody would have a job if everyone resigned when their managment did something questionable :rolleyes::ugh:

chimbu warrior
26th Oct 2010, 04:33
they still decide to support it by working there.

With the greatest of respect, I'd suggest most Qantas pilots (and no, I am not one of them) predate the QF credit card by many years. Furthermore, whilst many QF pilots may not support such practices, they have very limited options career-wise if they wish to stay in Australia.

You may be viewing this dilemma from the relative safety of high moral ground, but I assure you that most pilots have their feet firmly planted on the cold, hard flintstone of reality.

BTW, to paraphrase you and not saying the crews support these thieves, but they still decide to support it by working there.

I sense that you have a very firm grip, however it is not on reality. :ugh:

Tempo
26th Oct 2010, 04:54
but they still decide to support it by working there.

Sigh.....

Remember mate.....THINK before you type.

Keg
26th Oct 2010, 06:12
Ejector's right of course. Qantas charges customers $7.50 per booking and I should just resign my job in disgust at that. I'll tell the missus that we're going to sell the house and go and live somewhere else whilst I re-train as a teacher.

The alternative is for ejector to support me in my moral stand against the evil QF empire and their shonky dealings by assisting with my mortgage repayments. You don't have to worry about private school costs though, I can't afford them anyway.

I suppose next you'll advocate that we vote 'Green' to keep the bastards honest! :ugh: :suspect:

Jabawocky
26th Oct 2010, 07:09
POTY material their Keg :ok:

I just happen to have an invoice handy for two people to Sydney and back, CC fee $14.00.

So that is not per booking thats per passenger.

Of course if we did not have all these crappy loyalty schemes and so on the banks might not charge as much for the transaction (wishfull thinking I know) and vendors would not feel the need to charge the fee in the first place. :rolleyes:

Jack Ranga
26th Oct 2010, 07:33
but they still decide to support it by working there.

I don't think I've seen a more idiotic statement than this on prune (including mine and my previous two incarnations)

WTF?

almostthere!
26th Oct 2010, 08:06
Pity this is only 12 months out of date........

Bad Hat Harry
26th Oct 2010, 09:14
This was one of Dixons favourite expressions
Read another way it means: ripping off the customer(or employees)
Onboard duty free is a perfect example:
1.lousy range
2.Uncompetitive pricing
3.Credit Card surcharge
4.Punitive currenct exchange rate.
This indicative of the Qantas culture that has been nurtured by the "visitors" or the koalas..eats roots,shoots and leaves
As far as employees leaving Qantas as a means of protesting....well the guy is obviously a poorly educated troll who is a very poor fisherman

gobbledock
27th Oct 2010, 07:11
I sense that you have a very firm grip, however it is not on reality.
Superb ! Quote of the week. I love it.