PDA

View Full Version : Kenn Borek crash near Conklin, Alberta

Carrier
25th Oct 2010, 21:56
CBC News - Edmonton - Northern Alta. plane crash kills 1 (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/10/25/edmonton-alberta-plane-crash.html)

"One person is dead after a plane crashed Monday morning southeast of the northern Alberta town of Conklin.

The twin-engine, turbo-prop Beechcraft King Air 100 aircraft, operated by Kenn Borek Air, was carrying 10 people.

The plane left Edmonton's City Centre Airport Monday and was en route to the Kirby Lake airstrip when it crashed into the muskeg as the pilot was attempting to land around 11:20 a.m. MT.

Everyone on board was injured. Four people are believed to be seriously injured.

Two people have been flown by air ambulance to Edmonton. Two others were taken to Fort McMurray. The remaining individuals were treated on scene and will be taken to Edmonton, RCMP said.

One of the people injured in Monday's crash is moved into an ambulance at Edmonton's City Centre Airport Monday afternoon. (CBC)Two EMS units based at a nearby Cenovus Energy facility were dispatched after a 911 call about the crash was received at 11:37 a.m.

Four ground ambulances and one fire truck from Fort McMurray were sent to the scene, as well as all search and rescue units based in Conklin. A STARS air ambulance was dispatched from Fort McMurray.

A national search and rescue team based in Winnipeg is on its way to the crash site via a Hercules aircraft.

Conklin is about 250 kilometres northeast of Edmonton."

DA42_Pilot
25th Oct 2010, 22:06
Jeez... I just posted a similar thread but you must've beaten me to it. Sad news as I have a few friends who fly for Borek, one of them on the King Air... I hope it wasn't him who was fatally injured.

It's horrible that something like this should happen. Let's wait for the official investigation to come out before we speculate. Meanwhile, my condolences to the family of the deceased and a speedy recovery to the injured members of that flight.

Ejector
20th Nov 2010, 14:41
Newspaper says a Mr Andrew Fielding. The comments on that other site seem to be all supportive & positive to the him.

RIP Sir.