PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed!!!!!

mark1983
23rd Oct 2010, 23:06
I am currently working on a contract as cabin crew. Myself and my fellow crew have been trained to operate on the aircraft we have. The company are now combining 2 sets of crew, from 2 different airlines and 2 sets of SEP, working on the same aircraft. Now we all have the basic training on the aircraft type, but my argument is with the SEP. Is this legal to do?? Any help is much appreciated!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

BOAC
24th Oct 2010, 07:26
If the SEP procedures and training are different then I think it is not legal. If it is the same 'course, same equipment training etc then I would suggest it is do-able with appropriate pre-flight briefing. Which of the two 'SEP' courses and procedures do your flight crew think are in place?

Genghis the Engineer
24th Oct 2010, 11:30
The changes in procedures required to do this would have to be approved by CAA, no airline can merge two operations without changing procedures, and no procedure changes of that significance can be done without CAA's approval.

I'd have thought you'd be within your rights to ask for some details of what changes have been approved - after all, you're being trained in these modified or merged procedures.

(Assuming that these airlines are UK registered).

G

jcksn65
13th Nov 2010, 04:58
I would suggest it is do-able with appropriate pre-flight briefing and working on the same aircraft. Now we all have the basic training on the aircraft types.........

Shared Ownership Mortgages (http://www.bestmortgagescheap.com)

Miles Gustaph
1st Dec 2010, 13:34
like everything else in the industry it depends on how you go about doing it!

I happen to know of an operator who has just done this and they have an agreed process with the National Airworthiness Authority.

I am more interested who this is an "urgent help needed" issue. If you are operating under a company approval, as long as you do what you are trained and told to do your fine...unless your a journalist looking for information?