PDA

View Full Version : Coffscity skydivers 207 prang

Aerodynamisist
20th Oct 2010, 23:50
I have been looking on the ATSB site and have not been able to find any reports for this accident, given there is a history of recent incidents for this operator I would have thought this one would have been investigated. can anyone shed any light ?

Aerodynamisist
17th Sep 2011, 12:37
Still no joy

YPJT
18th Sep 2011, 00:24
Skydive operators have demonstrated for years an uncanny ability to keep serious incidents involving their aircraft well and truly on the quiet.

ContactMeNow
18th Sep 2011, 14:34
PVT ops, why should CASA care...:hmm:

No fare paying pax on those flights, plus being PVT ops - doesn;t that mean you are not required to pay your pilots? :=

CCS - joke of an organisation!

Aerodynamisist
18th Sep 2011, 20:49
It's not CASA in this case, this is ATSB's jurisdiction. They should care as there were people on board.

PA39
18th Sep 2011, 22:02
I can assure you CASA do care. I've seen FOI's grill the pilots for W+B calcs. The "operator" in question is/was nothing more than a bunch of cowboys who should never have been issued licenses.

YPJT
19th Sep 2011, 00:16
Speaking of W&B. The usual load on a 182 jump aircraft is pilot plus 5 x meatbombs. :eek: I don't have the figures handy but I think you'd be hard pressed to squeeze that many in, with rigs and enough fuel of board for a couple of loads and still be under MTOW.

Lancair70
19th Sep 2011, 11:32
Fuel for a couple of loads and be under weight, not likely, unless they were all small, but fuel for one load and be under weight, most definitly. C182 p and above I think, have an increased MTOW over the earlier models, but they can have wingtip extensions and get increased MTOW under STC.
Back in day . . . .

Totally agree that skydiver aircraft operators have a knack of keeping accidents and incident things out of record books, I know of at least 3 that I can find no record of at all, despite serious and permanent disabling injuries in one.

PA39
19th Sep 2011, 21:30
FWIW.....the pilot of the "disorganisation" in question couldn't do the calcs!! :sad: