PDA

View Full Version : New to Australia (PPL)

Nathan1986
17th Oct 2010, 14:59
Hi all, it's my first post in quite a while. After a lost job in the motor industry in the UK. I have now made a rather large jump and emigrated to Australia. (Brisbane area) I have emigrated as a light vehicle technician 6 months ago and love this place already. After a fairly hard time with my permanent visa I am now looking into starting my PPL with hope that in the future the industry will pick up at which point I will look into my Commercial licence. More than anything I'm looking for a good school around the area. (I actually live on the Redcliffe Peninsula) and would like yo meet like minded aviation enthusiasts. I originally started lessons towards my PPL in the UK but only managed a couple of hours before being made redundant. Please excuse my poor level of grammar in my post. I've just got an iPhone and I'm trying to get used to it. (anyone know how to start a new paragraph?) Nathan1986

Tinstaafl
17th Oct 2010, 16:42
Redcliffe Aero Club is the nearest to you. They have a pretty good reputation & reasonable rates. I worked for them 20 years ago and from what I've read they've gone from strength to strength.