PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a good company to build PIC Time?

ZAMBAZ
15th Oct 2010, 19:29
Is there any reputable company that a RHS pilot with some jet time could work his way up to LHS? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bealzebub
15th Oct 2010, 22:20
Eh?

Isn't that what happens in most airline companies. Pilots aquire experience in the right seat and when they are assessed as suitable and a vacancy occurs they receive training and qualification checks to fulfill the command check.

It isn't simply a case of hours but also an assesment of command suitability.

ZAMBAZ99
21st Oct 2010, 19:22
I have actually been accessed (unfairly accessed..passed all the test, requirements, etc., but told "unsuitable"...spoken with my friends, they had an easier test than me!!..and passed!!) So, I am actually looking for any company that can offer me some 500+ hrs real PIC time. Of course, they should check me out, my knowlege, flying abilites, command abilities, etc. And, if they find me suitble, I could be accepted for pay for my loggable jet PIC time. Any suggestions? Thanks!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

galaxy flyer
22nd Oct 2010, 03:52
Whatever name you go by and wherever you are, the shortcut to command usually results into a shortcut to the accident scene. I know having lost too many friends that way. Get good training, serve your time in the right seat learning and be prepared when the command slot opens up. There are no short cuts in this business.

GF

excrab
25th Oct 2010, 18:58
I hate to say this but god forbid that the time comes that any airline will sell LHS time.

At least with F/O P2F schemes thre is a competent and checked captain in the LHS, either a training captain or a normal line captain.

Who would a P2F captain fly with? a regular F/O who could have only 250 hours total time? what happens if a P2F captain makes a wrong decision - who picks up the pieces?

As has often been said, if you are talking about becoming a captain you should think about how things will be on a dark and stormy night when everything goes to rat**** and you look to the left for advice and all you see is your own reflection. When I was a training captain we used to say that the best command applicants were the ones who we had to ask if they would like a command, and the worst were the ones who asked us if they could have one. We were rarely wrong...