PDA

View Full Version : forbid to request direct routing...

liftman
13th Oct 2010, 19:26
Hi All,

According to my information in France there is a Notam ( someone say on French AIP) saying it i forbidden to request direct routing by pilots in order to limitate frequency workload.

Is it true? Where can i find such a notam? Any other country doing that?

I am trying to collect the result for a research about different ways of solving frequency workload and congestion.

Tks

Liftman

Nock
13th Oct 2010, 20:52
Well that's very strange! Being an ATCO in France, I have never heard about such a NOTAM or even a rule written on the AIP.
Most of the time directs are spontaneously given by ATCO and if pilots have a special request, they are smart enough to make it when frequency is not overloaded. And pilots don't hesitate to request directs so I don't think that, among them, there is even a rumour that would impede them from asking!
As you may read on this forum, there are lots of fantasies about ATC in France mostly about poor service:{. Don't take them too seriously!

if you need more info, do not hesitate to ask (there is nothing in the AIP that forbids it!:ok:)
Nock

BrATCO
13th Oct 2010, 21:03
I have never heard about such a NOTAM or even a rule written on the AIP.

Neither have I.

Anyway, if you need anything, just ask. We're here to help. The worst you could get would be a polite refusal.

chevvron
14th Oct 2010, 08:20
Wasn't this a Eurocontrol trial carried out a few weeks ago for one or two days? I'm sure there was a thread on it.

10W
14th Oct 2010, 19:07
The Eurocontrol trial was for Level Adherence only. :ok:

OA32
15th Oct 2010, 21:11
There was never a Notam or AIP instruction about it, only a few watches seemed to be consistently refusing direct routeings but that was a few weeks ago and hasn't been happening recently.