PDA

View Full Version : Communication Failure In R.v.s.m

GAMEOVER
8th Oct 2010, 21:43
Hi. :E

I´m not sure about the procedure in relation to Reduce Vertical Separation Minimum airspace. I apreciate your colaboration. Is the following procedure correct? I think the following procedure is very general.

Set Trnasponder to code 7600
Adjust level, speed and proceed to your destination according to the current flight plan route.
Hold over the appropriate navigation aid
Commence descent from the navigational aid at the ETA
Complete a normal instrument approach procedure, and
Land within 30 min. after the ETA.Thank you in advance.

poldek77
10th Oct 2010, 13:59
I haven't heard anything specific for comm fail in RVSM. The general rule

2. Adjust level, speed and proceed to your destination according to the current flight plan route.

applies regardless you are flying in RVSM airspace or not.
But the rule says about flight level from the filed flight plan instead the current FPL. The level adjustment should be done after 20 minutes in non-radar environment or after 7 minutes when under radar ctl.

GAMEOVER
10th Oct 2010, 16:54
Thank you very much for correcting me.

Talking to a friend of mine we considered the contingencie related to :

"Clearance can not be obtained" Why? Well, it could be considered a communication failure and then to develop the following procedures according to the rules:

Alert nearby aircraft on the frecuency in use and on 121.5 or back up 123.45 about position and intentions.
Turn ON all exterior lights
Watch for another traffic, visually and using ACAS
Turn 90º, left or right depending on the direction to the alternate airport, terrain, routes, etc and maintain a track laterally separated 15 nm from the assigned route.
Once established on the desired track, climb or descend 500 ft avoiding bank angle and overshooting the truck.May we considered that procedure in R.V.S.M ?

Regards.