PDA

View Full Version : Old Buckenham 02/10/09

7of9
7th Oct 2010, 11:43
On Saturday 02nd October i was in Norfolk visiting Family for the weekend & decided to spend a few hours at Old Buckenham Air Field. I decided as it was a nice day to go flying while there, i had to have a check ride to be able to fly their clubs aircraft so thought might as well take the CFI who was conducting the Check ride out & have him show me the local area for my hours flying.
We flew north to Blakeney then west along the coast looking at Seal breeding grounds then headed south past Little Snoring, Sculthorpe West Raynham, & down to Snetterton to rejoin the circuit & land at Old Buckenham. I did all the flying & Gerry Honey the CFI signed me off in my log book.
My Wife Gillian did all the aerial photo's while i was flying & i did all the ground photo's in & around the Air field.
Here are some photo's i took while at Old Buckenham last Saturday;

OLd Buckenham EGSV :: Fotopic.Net (http://trevor1019.fotopic.net/c1904545.html)

Trev

VOD80
7th Oct 2010, 12:31
Wonderful! Thanks for the photos. Loved the white gloves :-) I've got some too!

Cheers

BRL
7th Oct 2010, 15:10
Thanks for that Trev, lovely stuff :)

7of9
7th Oct 2010, 21:09
Thanks for the replies, always like keeping photo's of aerodromes visited & also Gill my wife takes some nice photo's of the flying i do.

Cheers Trev

Leezyjet
7th Oct 2010, 21:29
Nice pics.

The unlabelled airfield in the picture between the Sculthorpe pic and the Snetterton Pic is Shipdham. Was there myself a few days ago, sadly though arrived by car through the smelly farm rather than by air !!.

:yuk:

JEM60
8th Oct 2010, 07:29
VOD 80.
I've got them too!!. Nice pics.

7of9
8th Oct 2010, 08:03
Stops you getting black fingers from rubbing out china graph pen writing on the maps & knee board & also if ever there is an in cockpit fire, provides a bit of heat protection to your hands, I have them in Black & the American nomex ones too!!!

Thanks for the comments & for looking too, glad my wife & my photo's are of interest to some of you.

Cheers Trev:ok::ok: