PDA

View Full Version : Help! CAA ANNUAL

ENG
1st Dec 2001, 16:23
I have a Condor D62C, G-REG, based in Mons, Belgium. After a Thousand phone calls and much frustation I cannot find anyone to do an annual check on this simple aircraft.

I am left with flying it back to the UK to my friendly engineer in Lincolnshire, who runs one of the best maintenance organization in the UK.

I would prefere to have a local engineer do the job(half a day) or ship someone in to do the work.

Suggestions on how I could resolve this issue would be most welcome and get me back in the air.

A and C
1st Dec 2001, 22:19
CAA LAMS annual in half a day.........HOW ?.

ENG
2nd Dec 2001, 17:42
I'm not really interested in the time it takes. What I am interested in is getting it done. Anyone got a G-Reg aircraft on the continent perhaps could help.

dakota_pete
3rd Dec 2001, 16:59
See Pilot or Flyer last month - the article on the Vendee air park. They had a chap who came out to France to do the annuals - don't know who he was. Useful? Maybe not...

ENG
4th Dec 2001, 21:27
Great mate
Just what I need, Although flyer and Pilot mag's like moon rocks out here.
I'll get hold of one though.
By the way St Ghilain in Belgium is an interesting place to visit.

WorkingHard
5th Dec 2001, 11:48
e-mail me for an alternative to flying to the U.K.

IFollowRoads
5th Dec 2001, 21:17
The engineer chaps name from the Pilot article is Andy Mcluskie. At the end of the article, a contact is specified, which I'll e-mail you. Very suspicious about your time estimate though, I would have thought that anything under two days would be agressive to say the least. The other option would be of course to transport your regular engineer to the a/c...