PDA

View Full Version : BOSE A20™ aviation headset???

cptbb
2nd Oct 2010, 09:40
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. Please will you advise.:} Does anyone have BOSE A20™ aviation headset??? What (if any) extra accessories do I need???:

A20 Aviation Headset (http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/aviation_headsets/a20/index.jsp)

Thanks for your time
:E

cptbb
6th Nov 2010, 03:15
Anyone??? Bose said it's sold out!!:eek:

SNS3Guppy
6th Nov 2010, 06:11
I flew with a crewmember who was wearing one, a few days ago. He got his within days of ordering.

We had a check airman on board who tried it and immediately decided he wanted one. Another crewmember tried one, and immediately ordered one when we landed. He subsequently cancelled the order, because Bose told him it would be January before he could get it.

I tried the headset out; comfortable and nice, and just what one would expect from Bose.

Baywatcher
6th Nov 2010, 06:38
Wants to be at that price!

SNS3Guppy
8th Nov 2010, 03:27
Of course one should expect quality at that price; one should expect quality from Bose, anyway.

Bose has never had any shortage of market for their products, and their aviation headsets are no different. Rarely will you meet a dissatisfied customer.

Bose offers a payment plan for their headsets, with monthly installments as a way of increasing their sales base. It's a tactic that appears to work very well.

Sue Ridgepipe
8th Nov 2010, 07:49
Of course one should expect quality at that price; one should expect quality from Bose, anyway.
Bose has never had any shortage of market for their products, and their aviation headsets are no different. Rarely will you meet a dissatisfied customer
You don't work for Bose by any chance do you? I have no idea about how good or bad their headsets are because I've never tried one, but their speakers certainly have a bad name for being overpriced underperforming cheaply made crap.
See here for more info:
intellexual net · m k i v (http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html)
Why Not Bose? - AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=343759)

trex450
8th Nov 2010, 08:23
if bose actually advertised their noise reduction rating like their competition I might be interested otherwise I can only imagine that they are like buying Armarni jeans instead of wranglers. No tougher just more expensive and playing on vanity.

Intruder
8th Nov 2010, 09:13
I have a Sennheiser because I got it at less than half the price of the Bose. Still, the Bose is a nice headset if you want to spend the money...

Flightfreak
8th Nov 2010, 09:37
I have mine over two months now and am still very much pleased with it. They fit well, the ANR works better then the X series and phone calls can easily be made without the other side noticing you're in fact in a flying aircraft.

SNS3Guppy
9th Nov 2010, 20:11
You don't work for Bose by any chance do you? I have no idea about how good or bad their headsets are because I've never tried one, but their speakers certainly have a bad name for being overpriced underperforming cheaply made crap.

I do not work for Bose. I do own several of their aviation products, and whereas the purpose of the thread is to ask who owns or has tried the new A20, I responded that I did try it...and others in the cockpit who tried it were so impressed that they ordered one after they landed.

I've had no problems with my Bose headsets; I currently use one, and others I've had or used have held up to some demanding field conditions (heat, sand, abuse, etc). They're comfortable, quiet, and reduce fatigue while improving communications. They do exactly what they're advertised to do.

I have no idea about their commercial speakers; I've never used them and wouldn't know one from a pit bull. This, of course, is an aviation forum, and their aviation produces have an excellent reputation.

Willit Run
11th Nov 2010, 22:46
You also should try the Lightspeed Zulu, or the Siera. I have the ZULU and its great. Some say its better than the Bose.

downwind24
11th Nov 2010, 23:12
I have aviation X , best headset iv ever owned , wouldnt dream of anything else :ok: