PDA

View Full Version : IO540s thread on leaving the forum

Fuji Abound
1st Oct 2010, 14:44
It is good to see a little renewed interest in various topics on PPRuNe.

However it has made me realise one of the reasons I get quite frustrated. There are some very interesting threads about EASA at the momement but I find when I read some of the contributions it is as if people cant be bothered to read, digest or understand what has been said before (on the same thread). The discussion ends up going round in circles covering the same ground. The fact is I think that just ends up detracting from the debate which is a shame and makes the forum less interesting (and more frustrating).

If I could make just one plea which I think would be to the benefit of the forum - it would be that we all at least make some effort to follow the thread.

airpolice
1st Oct 2010, 15:03
Has anyone else noticed that some people just post a message in a thread without reading the preceding mesages and making an effort to understand where the thread is heading?

Not in a thread hijacking way, just as a result of not reading earlier posts on the same subject.:rolleyes:

wsmempson
1st Oct 2010, 15:06
Sorry, I've clearly had my eye off the ball - but what thread are you referring to? I've clearly missed this somehow?

wsmempson
1st Oct 2010, 15:15
Sorry, this has just swum into focus.

You mean the thread on "Pilots leaving the forum" as posted by IO540 - as opposed to "IO540's thread on leaving the forum", which means something altogether different! It would be a huge shame to lose IO540....

I totally agree about people simply posting their halfpenny worth after reading the 1st post, without reading the following discussion. Simply very boring willy waving.

Duchess_Driver
1st Oct 2010, 15:35
Pilots Willy Waving?......never in a million years! (just to prove I read the last post!)

IO540
1st Oct 2010, 16:04
Sorry guys; I am not leaving just yet ;)

Lister Noble
1st Oct 2010, 16:06
Good news:)

J.A.F.O.
1st Oct 2010, 16:24
Has anyone else noticed that some people just post a message in a thread without reading the preceding mesages and making an effort to understand where the thread is heading?

Anyway, why did IO540 leave the forum?
:E

S-Works
1st Oct 2010, 16:45
Has IO left the forum? My life would be empty and meaningless without him to torture. I vote we start a number 10 petition 'Bring IO540 back!'.

wsmempson
1st Oct 2010, 17:27
On the subject of pilots willy-waving, can I humbly suggest this;

YouTube - Top Gun was a Gay Movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrR7L-qRYIY&feature=related)
;)

hatzflyer
1st Oct 2010, 17:33
Who was IO540 ? Why did BoseX torture him ?
I thought threads was what bros wear innit?
What day is it ?
Where's me pills?

vanHorck
1st Oct 2010, 17:47
A real and present threat on IO leaving? Or was it a real and present treat? Ah no, it s just a real and present thread on PPRUNE....

:ugh:

:ok:

airpolice
1st Oct 2010, 20:14
JAFO, I noticed that too, but I am more concerned about this requirement to re register Nreg stuff every three years!

stiknruda
1st Oct 2010, 20:54
FANTASTIC NEWS

FNG and MONOCOCK are back - I don't need to read the detail, I'm a pilot FFS!:E:E

ShyTorque
1st Oct 2010, 21:30
Anyone seen IO540 lately?

Fuji Abound
1st Oct 2010, 21:45
Hmmmmm :) not quite what I had in mind but it has turned out far more entertaining.

n5296s
1st Oct 2010, 21:47
This is terrible. IO540 is leaving the forum and I have only just arrived. And I had something I wanted to tell him. You see, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum - I ran into Frankie Howerd.

24Carrot
1st Oct 2010, 22:21
Has Elvis left the building yet?

supersani
1st Oct 2010, 23:06
Having lurked for months, nay years, I'm making my first post to put my name to the petition to stop IO540 from being banned from the forum.

I understand he/she is great and has been bullied and harassed by a bunch of B******s who should be shot/tasered/tagged/forgiven.

airpolice
1st Oct 2010, 23:32
As I wandered along a "corridor of power" this afternoon, I heard a story that made me take notice.

Lord Beagle is going to put the EASA guys on the back foot by mentioning the war, and that should make them lift the requirement for IO450 to get new medical.

IO450 should be back with us shortly.

Pilot DAR
2nd Oct 2010, 00:03
I think that IO 540 lost his keys while he was inspecting his prop, to be certain that he would never have to worry about having a very very lucky escape, should he need to apply full power while on an bolter after his try at landing on an aircraft carrier. Later, IO will get Guppy's advice on how you enter a Socata in an air race in Edinburgh controlled airspace, while making nice with the Scot air traffic controllers.

If IO doesn't find his keys, and listen to Guppy's advice, Mary will try to talk him into getting back into gliding. In a glider, he won't have to worry about keys, prop overspeeds, short aircraft carrier decks, or putting gas into a PA46, 310P or 350P. An the circle goes 'round....

I'm confident that IO is on another amazing cross country, to be envied by those of us on the left side of the Atlantic....

24Carrot
2nd Oct 2010, 00:13
Thank God you didn't mention the N-reg. I may have done earlier, but I think I got away with it...

IO540
2nd Oct 2010, 06:35
Very funny :)

I was busy avoiding some small arms fire ;)

BTW I have both CAA and FAA Class 1 medicals.

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 07:19
I get really pissed off with people who barge into a thread with irrelevant cack.

IO540, what's your medical status or where you have been got to do with anything?

No wonder some of the more experienced ppruners are leaving when folk who should know better keep making the thread drift off in odd directions.

With you distracting us with tales of medicals and gunfire, how are we supposed to have a serious debate about......er......well.....whatever it was that this thread was about?

S-Works
2nd Oct 2010, 07:50
BTW I have both CAA and FAA Class 1 medicals.

Must take some keeping current at your age...... ;);)

Does anyone have a M8 SS nyloc nut?

Fuji Abound
2nd Oct 2010, 08:10
Does anyone have a M8 SS nyloc nut?

I hope you are not thinking of locking this thread only I can do that.

IO540
2nd Oct 2010, 08:53
I've got one here. 20p, or £2.50 with an 8130-3, or £35 with an EASA-1 form.

stickandrudderman
2nd Oct 2010, 12:22
Not only is IO540 back, but his thread about posters leaving the forum has actually stimulated some previously regular (not in the Biblical sense) posters to return, including wsmempson with his superb wit which cuts through the BS "like an axe to the frozen sea"!

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 19:26
including wsmempson with his superb wit

Stik, has wsmempson posted? I don't see it!

ShyTorque
2nd Oct 2010, 20:19
I've heard a rumour that IO540 is leaving. Anyone know anything?

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 20:22
I've searched around and there's no mention of it.

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 20:25
I read this somewhere recently, but I can't recall where. So I had a look through the stickies and all the threads on the forum but there's no trace.

Can anyone confirm this is actually a rumour or did I dream this?

I am discounting the other, scary, possibilty, that it is a fact, since I can't really imagine a fact being posted on here.

ShyTorque
2nd Oct 2010, 20:29
Someone should start a thread on it.

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 20:31
Shy, that's the funniest response yet, and so quick!
:D

vanHorck
2nd Oct 2010, 20:40
ohhhhh ok then....

There is a search facility here on the forum.

If you want to know if you should log IMC instruction as PUT or P1S or f you're curious about IO540 thinking of leaving this forum to set up a commercially viable blog to which Bose-X will be honorary member please use said facility...

Only intelligent questions which have not been asked before will be answered by us, gods of PPRUNE's sky

:ok:

ShyTorque
2nd Oct 2010, 20:45
There is a search facility here on the forum.

I've searched everywhere for this facility...

Fuji Abound
2nd Oct 2010, 21:10
Mention of what?

blueandwhite
2nd Oct 2010, 21:34
Who is (was) IO540 - never heard of him and I read this thread very carfullly

:ugh:

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 21:49
I found a search facility on this site, I wish someone had told me about that.

Trouble is, I don't know what IO540's username is so I can't search for him.

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 21:53
Blue and white, you are in the wrong thread!

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/429210-intercepts-russian-aircraft-meddling-near-our-airspace-2.html#post5969268

is where you need to look!

IO540
2nd Oct 2010, 22:11
Not sure what this is about. I never said I was leaving.

blueandwhite
2nd Oct 2010, 22:12
Ahhhhh!

Now I understand

blueandwhite
2nd Oct 2010, 22:14
Who said that?

eharding
2nd Oct 2010, 23:06
I found a search facility on this site, I wish someone had told me about that.

Trouble is, I don't know what IO540's username is so I can't search for him.

Has anyone seen his leaving card? - I haven't signed it yet.....or donated to the leaving present fund.

Anyone got change for a fiver?

funfly
2nd Oct 2010, 23:53
is it right that IO540 is leaving then?

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 23:53
IO540 said

Not sure what this is about. I never said I was leaving.

Nevertheless, this is a rumour site and he will need to leave. Now that we have three distinct threads on the subject and just about everyone in ppruneland knows about it, he needs to leave.

Back to the point, Perth is a really nice airfield, but I wish the Motorway got a bit closer to the entrance.

funfly
2nd Oct 2010, 23:56
I had an IO 540 once but sold it (with the aircraft) at least I think it was a 540;)

airpolice
2nd Oct 2010, 23:58
Funfly, where did you hear that?

News to me.

Wow, Gosh, Jings, Crivens, somebody help his Bob!

Sorry for the thread drift,, let's get back on track here.

How many mistakes have been found in the latest half mil map sofar?

airpolice
3rd Oct 2010, 00:09
I had a Volvo 440 and it was really nice. Went from Uxbridge to Leeming and the fuel guage hardly moved.

I think the RAC truck used a lot of fuel, but the Volvo was fine once it got a new Alternator.

What we need on here is a search facility.

Keef
3rd Oct 2010, 00:18
Crivens? What have you been reading? Was it about IO540?

airpolice
3rd Oct 2010, 00:21
No, IO540 wasn't mentioned.

What on earth made you think of him?

Keef
3rd Oct 2010, 00:45
He is rarely out of my mind. But don't worry: I'll be OK.

Ooooh - is that the time? I have to get up in the morning!

mary meagher
3rd Oct 2010, 07:21
Thanks, Pilot DAR, nice to know you read my posts, which are not only on gliding, as you will see if you refer to the current thread on Flying in Florida....(I can't wait to see the California boys rise to the bait!}

Love and Kisses, from the Witch of the West and her broomstick, G-OFER.

vanHorck
3rd Oct 2010, 07:24
Has Mary a relationship with IO540? Or is he leaving? Perhaps it's a temporary ban....

IO540
3rd Oct 2010, 07:28
If Mary is into gliding, she will already be divorced and remarried (to somebody in the gliding club) :)

vanHorck
3rd Oct 2010, 07:36
You must be pulling my glider!

vanHorck
3rd Oct 2010, 07:53
There is a rumour that Bose-X has committed to stopping the terror towards IO540...

PPRUNE is never going to be the same again....

(Edited in view of not-so-funny thread currently running)

Aerial Chauffeur
3rd Oct 2010, 08:38
Does anyone know what licenses Bose-X has (only the legally obtained ones)

He's definitely type rated on Concorde and the Space Shuttle.

Artistic Intention
3rd Oct 2010, 09:56
We could do with a search facility on here :p

Aerial Chauffeur
3rd Oct 2010, 11:28
I'm thinking of getting an FAA licence based on my UK PPL. How would I go about doing this? :p

Search feature? What? :\

fisbangwollop
3rd Oct 2010, 11:33
Just read the thread.....think I am now losing the will to live, better head off to work to get my sense's back.....will I find a Crunchie waiting??? :cool::cool::cool: