PDA

View Full Version : FAA FI trying to go to Canada...questions to all of you :) thank you

angel83
30th Sep 2010, 17:29
Hello!

My situation is...i am french but working in the US as a flight instructor under a working visa...I am not going anywhere with no GC so ...
I am looking at moving to Canada...

I started my research to convert my licences as well as for the immigration process (i am only at the beginning)

If you have any advises on those, or on anything (employment) that would be more than appreciated !

thank you so much !

have a good day!

Whenwe
1st Oct 2010, 04:58
My kids are immigrating to Canada and I will probably go with them. Since we became interested I have visited this site. Waste of time...
There is a wealth of information out there in cyber space.
Just go googling for it. Try avcanada.
Seems a bit dead at the moment but if you have been in aviation long enough then you will know it is par for the course.

bcflyer
2nd Oct 2010, 16:20
The issue in Canada is similar to the US, more pilots than jobs. There are tons of Canadian guys and gals fighting for the few positions that are out there. Have a look on Avcanada and you should find some more information.

_Walker_
5th Oct 2010, 04:58
Converting your CPL/ATPL is rather straight forward. You will have to write a conversion exam to gain your TCCA CPL and or ATPL, as well as one for an instrument rating (if you have one.) After that you should make contact with the Transport Canada office of your choosing to inform them of your situation, have a talk with an inspector who "should" tell you to write the AIRAT exam. After which you will have to pass a check ride with a government inspector depending on your level of competence you will be issued either nothing, or a class 3, 2, or 1 rating... You will bypass the normal instructor stream as you normally start with a class 4 rating and work your way up the ladder. Now that being said, a word of warning up here.... TC (Transport Canada) is divided into different regional offices across the country and each is operated as its own little fiefdom, so what fly's in one region with one inspector may not fly in another region with another inspector.... good luck, if you are experienced and can get either a class 2 or class 1 rating you will have little issue finding a job; so long as you don't mind making $1,200 a month....