PDA

View Full Version : Versailles GA airfield question

Crosswind Limits
26th Nov 2001, 22:39
Does anyone know the name of the GA airfield (in Versailles I believe) next to the RN12 dual carriageway into west Paris? I was recently staying with relatives in the area who did not know the name of it. I am not an experienced pilot but the approaches into the airfield over the dual carriageway looked very low and dangerous. I am talking about 50 or 60 feet over the dual carriageway. What about high sided vehicles? Dangerous or what!

Legalapproach
27th Nov 2001, 01:38
I have not checked this on a map but Toussus Le Noble is close to Versaille and an excellent GA airport for Paris. Have used it many times but don't recall any problems on the approach.

Crosswind Limits
27th Nov 2001, 01:46
Thanks Legalapproach I think that could be the one! Like I said I am not an experienced pilot.

Yogi-Bear
27th Nov 2001, 16:38
...and St.Cyr L'Ecole is even nearer to Versailles! The circuit extends over the western grounds of the Chateaux. No problems there either. ;)

Crosswind Limits
27th Nov 2001, 19:59
Err thanks Yogi-bear! Now which one is it?? From my recollection I think it was a grass airfield, not particularly long either.

1.3VStall
27th Nov 2001, 20:28
CL,

St Cyr L'Ecole has two quite long parallel grass runways. It's a very busy airfield, particularly at weekends and it had a number of aero clubs based there.

Hope this helps.

Small Pilot
30th Nov 2001, 12:27
CL, the field you mention is definately St Cyr. I spent 18 months living not too far from there. Had some friends visit from the UK in a PA-28. They got free landing+parking! Nice field and very busy at weeknds. Runway is about 800m grass if I recall with the RN running close to the western end. Very convenient for visiting Paris or Versailles.

Crosswind Limits
1st Dec 2001, 16:31
Thanks to everyone and particularly Small Pilot for confirming it is St Cyr L'Ecole! :)

Perhaps when I have built up some more time this year I will pay my relatives a visit and fly down to Versailles and do some nice low approaches over the RN12!! :p

Safe flying all.