PDA

View Full Version : Ground Ex*ms

Ian_Wannabe
24th Nov 2001, 00:31
Hey everyone,
Long time since I last posted....

I'm just lookin' for general info for the ground exams. I'm gonna give the 1st exam a go in about 3 weeks from now, but I'm not sure what the 1st exam should be.

This is where u people come in :)

Which exam, from your view and your experience do you think I should tackle first? I only have 1 week (I think) to do it in coz' I've gotta go back to the happy place they call school.

Cheers,
Ian

Flyswift
24th Nov 2001, 00:45
I don't know if you're about to go solo yet - however, you need AIR LAW exam prior to doing 1st solo.

So I would suggest starting there - even if you've never flown! ;)

Ian_Wannabe
25th Nov 2001, 03:32
Sorry I should have added that.

Nope,I'm not about to go solo yet.
I haven't had a "proper" lesson yet, what I'm doing is taking the exams before I go over to the USA to learn to fly.

I was advised to get the exams done and out of the way over here before I go to the USA, so whilst over there I can concentrate on flying.

Cheers for the reply, and I hope this helps for other replies.

[ 24 November 2001: Message edited by: Ian_Wannabe ]

Clouded Yellow
25th Nov 2001, 18:05
Do Air Law, as everyone says most if not all FTOs want to see you pass this before your solo.

Remember, you only have 12 months from taking your first exam to taking the skills test.

28thJuly2001
25th Nov 2001, 21:03
As you are doing all the exams before taking lessons it doesnt matter what order you do the exams. Just remember that they do expire. Air Law is a bit of a ****** but the rest are easily passable,
Walt,,,

Another CFI
26th Nov 2001, 13:36
Clouded Yellow has quoted the exam validity period incorrectly. All of the ground exams must be passed within a period of 1 year, then they collectively are valid for two years from the date of passing the last exam.

Aussie Andy
26th Nov 2001, 22:37
Definitely get the Air LAw out of the way first. Others are mostly interesting/enjoyable, except human performance which is a bit dull but not hard.

Good luck,

Andy

Rusty Cessna
27th Nov 2001, 02:10
Anyone know what the deal is if you don't pass all the exams in a year? I think my Air law was done just over a year before my last exam.

Thanks,
Rusty.

28thJuly2001
27th Nov 2001, 03:44
Get the Air Law books back out Rusty Cessna because you have to do it again ,,You know how much you enjoyed it first time round. 1 year from first exam to last......
tut,tut,tut for not passing the flight test yet (just kidding)
Walt,,,

PPRuNe Dispatcher
27th Nov 2001, 13:31
If you are running out of time then before your exams start to expire write to the CAA asking for an extension.

--Mik