PDA

View Full Version : Logne Airfield, Paris

Courtman
22nd Nov 2001, 15:43
Has anybody ever visited this airfield? I understand it is close to Disneyland Paris, and within walking distance of a hotel and the railway.

Does anyone have any information or views on this airfield? Do I need to clear customs elsewhere or at Logne? What are the charges like? Is it friendly/convenient?

IanSeager
22nd Nov 2001, 16:53
I have used the airfield on several occasions, there is a hotel fairly close, but I (personally) wouldn't fancy walking to the station as it is about half an hour away on foot. Trains to Paris run frequently and the journey takes about 20 mins. It is possible to request customs, so obviously if you do this you don't need to clear elsewhere - you will also have to clear customs outbound, so again you'll have to request it.
I have always found it a freindly place, and despite filling in the landing details form I've never been sent an invoice. An alternative worth considering (Unless you are going for Eurodisney) would be Pontoise, although the taxi to the station will cost you about 130FF.
Have fun

Fuji Abound
22nd Nov 2001, 18:02
Went there a year ago, not since. Agree with every thing Ian says.

Few other thoughts. When I went, there was an hotel just about on the airfield - 5 minutes walk - it is basic, clean and very cheap. There is also a good restaurant. Ops didn't take credit cards for fuel unless you have a Shell card, so its cash. No problem with a taxi to the station because it is too far to walk but strangely it was almost impossible to get a taxi on Sunday. (it was the evening) Finally the base of the Paris TMA gets you down to below 1000 feet I seem to remember on the approach.

skua
22nd Nov 2001, 21:42
All that is true. A very friendly guy runs the bar here. Plus there is an excellent pilots' shop. French maps & guides for much less than Transair's extortionate prices. Mind you there is a good shop at Toussus too.

The best bit about Lognes was the paris VFR transit, which lets you fly from Pontoise east across the city, just North of the Seine, to the threshold of Le Bourget's runway. That was closed post Sept 11th. I have not checked whether it has reopened, but it is a great way of giving pax some aerial sightseeing of the city.