PDA

View Full Version : Microlight medical requirements

Thomas coupling
27th Sep 2010, 16:23
Anyone tell me what the medical requirements are for flying microlights.
Ta

trex450
27th Sep 2010, 19:34
try looking on the BMAA website

airtaxiwannabe
20th Oct 2010, 20:55
If you want an NPPL Microlights, then it's a medical declaration from your GP. This is the same standard as a HGV medical declaration. Some doctors, including mine, don't even charge for it, so that's £100 plus saved, compared to a JAA class 2 which you can put toward your flying.

Aerials
21st Oct 2010, 07:37
Have a look here: NPPL - General Introduction to the NPPL medical requirements | Medical | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=873) which also gives a link to the specific NPPL website.
Rgds, Aerials

chevvron
21st Oct 2010, 09:51
HGV Class 2; my doctor charged £113 for it but did a FISO Medical at the same time.

Lister Noble
21st Oct 2010, 11:35
Mine charged nothing for signing off HGV type NPPL medical declaration .:)

RTN11
21st Oct 2010, 16:43
Basically if you can drive, and can convince your GP you are healthy you can fly.

Even with a medical condition, you may be able to get group 1 ticked which would enable you to fly solo, but not carry passengers other than licensed pilots. I have a student with diabetes who is able to fly solo this way.

Group 2 is the requirement for professional drivers. Your GP will go through your medical records, and you sign it as self certification that you are healthy enough to fly.

Note - if both boxes are ticked it is invalid.