PDA

View Full Version : Cwmbran College new owners

goatface
27th Sep 2010, 09:09
I've got an interview for an Instructors post next week and although I understand that the sale has actually now been completed, I can't seem to find out who the new owners are.

I also understand that they either have or were goinng to open a regional training centre (I was told Doncaster Airport), has this happened?

Additionally it seems that several instructors left within a short space of time recently, would that be more to do with the sale than working conditions?
I've been doing ATM project work for the last 12 months but am now considering either going back into operational work or having a change of scenary - is Cwmbran a leap from the frying pan to the fire?!

Any further info on the college and what it's like to work there would be appreciated, PM me if you'd prefer.

Many thanks.
GF.

Dizzee Rascal
27th Sep 2010, 10:42
ASTAC opened a Region Training Centre at Shoreham Airport (for ICAO courses), I didn't know there were plans for Cwmbran to open up another college.

I did my courses at Cwmbran when they were owned by Alenia Marconi Systems and another couple of courses after they had become solely owned by BAE, I wonder who own them now?

flyer2004
27th Sep 2010, 11:08
Goatface, Why don't you speak to the college direct. I bet they would be interested to hear that you've been asking questions on here.

goatface
27th Sep 2010, 13:49
Flyer2004

I have spoken to Steven Ward, but that was late last week when he wasn't in a position to release the information, he isn't in today.

I've got his perspective on the way things are run at Cwmbran and I did do a short course there a while ago so I know the basics but I wanted the opinions of others outwith the organisation to give myself a broader overview.

They knew I'd make enquiries about them prior to interview, just as I know they have about me, it's standard practice.

However, your constructive contribution to the debate is welcome and your concern is touching.

yellowplane
28th Sep 2010, 19:27
Have heard that Lufthansa are the new owners