PDA

View Full Version : Help! Flying to Cuba.

747dreamer
20th Nov 2001, 07:31
Hello,

I am interested in flying to Cuba from Orlando and would like to know the legal procedures. Has anyone flown to Cuba from Florida? Where are nice places to fly in? What are the ATC and immigration procedures?

Thanks in advance.

Fujitsu
20th Nov 2001, 12:43
747 - as I'm sure you can guess this wouldn't be a simple trip to organise, but I think it is possible. One issue will be the landing fee in Cuba, which I think is about $200. Have a look at Air Journey (http://www.airjourney.com/) They organise all sorts of trips and I heard that they are planning one to Cuba from Florida in February.

New Bloke
20th Nov 2001, 23:25
I don't think it is as simple as that. I think you have to fly via a third state (Canada perhaps).

This is because of the totally unreasonable sanctions still in place by the USA.

Once you get there you will be in for the time of your life, one of the best spots on Earth and some of the nicest people you will meet.

Squawk 8888
24th Nov 2001, 21:34
New bloke, a GA aircraft would need a big honkin' load of fuel to get from Canada to Cuba without a stop in the US. Best route would be a stop at NAS, which is only 200 miles from MIA; Bahamas and most other Caribean states have no restrictions on flights to/from Cuba. One other snag would be citizenship- AFAIK Americans can travel to Cuba but it's illegal for them to spend any money there.