PDA

View Full Version : Inverted in Scotland

Jetscream 32
18th Nov 2001, 14:15
Anyone know where the nearest fully aerobatic mount is for hire in Scotland, all we have in Inverness is Traumahawks, and a bunch of us want to wring ourselves out for a session? any pointers helpful.

Aye, no bother! :D

Rusty Cessna
18th Nov 2001, 17:38
Beleive Tayside Aviation have some Aerobats, don't know how aerobatic they are, or if they are hired out for such use, but you can only ask!

There are also a few Pitts hanging around Perth, not for hire though I dont think :(

hope it helps,
Rusty.

P.S Tayside are at Perth, Dundee and Glenrothes. Excellent establishment with some nice aeroplanes!

Rusty.

Jetscream 32
18th Nov 2001, 21:47
Rusty,

Cheers dude, but definately need something like a Pitts or Xtra. :D

DB6
18th Nov 2001, 23:51
A chap called Dai Heather Hayes at Perth was talking about doing aero training (and possibly hire) in an S2-A although I haven't spoken to him for a couple of months about it. Worth a try though. Tayside have a Tipsy Nipper at Dundee which is a scream, although it is group owned and you need to buy a share. Not quite the performance of your Extra obviously but flicks a treat and costs but a fraction. Nothing else that I know of in Scotland at all.

Jetscream 32
19th Nov 2001, 01:02
DB6,

Have you got one? scratching my head as to where i know DHH from, definately know him from years ago but cannot remeber where? One of us here in INV has got a Tipsy Nipper at home at L-O-S down on the Solent, his brother who flies the S-61 keeps it in the hangar there, but yes as you say barrel of fun. Hence the need to get it out of our systems up here. Dont get home much!

Guess it must be time for a shared Pitts in Scotland? anyone up for it? :D :D :D

ianbishop
19th Nov 2001, 13:14
I'm just in the process of taking a share in a Fuji HA200 at Perth, which is aero but VERY heavy - it's also for use by current / ex swivel servants. I was going to talk to Dai about an Aeros course (I think he'll want to do it in an S2B, I believe).

zzzz
19th Nov 2001, 20:27
Perth is your best lead, however DH-H seems to be rather busy at the moment. The best person to talk to would be Sandy Torrance CFI of the Scottish Aeroclub/Tayside Aviation at Perth. He has quite some aeros experience, and is waiting to get the green light on DH-H's Pitts, I believe for instruction.

There are certainly are number of (it seems) fairly under used proper aeros machines at Perth, Sandy may well be able to put you in touch with the owners or groups or advise on training.

DB6
20th Nov 2001, 23:25
J32, unfortunately I don't have one, but I'm in the fortunate position of teaching aeros on the Firefly 260 fairly frequently (mmm, capable AND warm - cockpit heating gets more important this time of year) so get it out of my system regularly. DHH is/was the CAA's man at Perth so you might have come across him in that capacity. Why don't you get your man to bung the Nipper in the back of the S61 and whip it up to Inversnecky? Can't think of anywhere nicer to turn upside down (well, maybe Oban).

Jetscream 32
25th Nov 2001, 21:54
Looks like an almighty drive to Perth then, the nipper would probably fit in the 61, having thought about it, trouble is got to keep it in its spot in the Hangar or someone will park something else in its place if its away for a long period of time,

But seriously though how about 20 of us in Scotland all bunging in £2,000 and having a decent Pitts or something, with it being used the same way as the BGA Gliders, and it moving around Scotland every month to different airfields for 30 days at a time so that everyone gets a fair crack of hauling themselves around the sky.?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D