PDA

View Full Version : The Great Circle flying school - Harrogate

airtragicdubai
25th Sep 2010, 20:03
Just want to recommend this flying school for the fast track PPL ground school course. I only did 5 of the exams last week whilst in the UK and am returning in a few weeks to complete the last two.

The lectures are delivered to a high standard and the instructors are very knowledgeable. Adam Berrington runs the training and is very professional and helpful in his approach.
:ok:

Dignerf
26th Sep 2010, 22:27
I think it is also worthwhile to mention the apps they sell for mobile phones which I have found extremely helpful (pretty much the same as the PPL Confuser), so would recommend them to anyone studying for their PPL exams.

They are available for iPhone and Android (perhaps more?)

airtragicdubai
27th Sep 2010, 20:04
I agree Dignerf, i downloaded the PPL apps and they are a great help in studying for the exams. Especially as they are easy to use 'on the go' via iphone/itouch.

richs3
28th Sep 2010, 13:50
Agreed. I too studied there earlier in the year for the more in-depth subjects. Well recommended!

fuzzflyer
16th Jul 2011, 09:12
well worth the expense, I have had nothing but disappointments trying to do the radio license in Devon.. cancellation after cancellation.. so calling them to see if they can do the radio stuff.

liam548
17th Jul 2011, 18:43
I can highly reccommend them too, Adam is an excellent down to earth instructor who knows his stuff. Imc exam completed with them the other week. See here; FLYER Forums • View topic - The Great Circle and Pilotbook (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71276&p=976493)

sandgrounder99
14th Feb 2012, 17:59
Hi - I am thinking of undertaking the Great Circle IMC 1-day ground school course. Did you do the 1-day course stand alone or as part the overall IMC flying rating with them. I am amazed they can pack the whole course + exam into one day (but great if they can) - thanks for any info.

liam548
15th Feb 2012, 07:55
Hi - I am thinking of undertaking the Great Circle IMC 1-day ground school course. Did you do the 1-day course stand alone or as part the overall IMC flying rating with them. I am amazed they can pack the whole course + exam into one day (but great if they can) - thanks for any info.

Hi. Yep i did the one day course with adam at harrogate for the imc theory. No problems at all due to how he delivers it. Particulary if you have done a bit of self study too before.