PDA

View Full Version : nppl exam proof worries

6UP
24th Sep 2010, 18:15
My Flight school seems to be having some difficulties at the moment and im slightly concerned about my nppl exams passes to date.

I have passed a couple so far but have nothing to show this.

I hope the Flight School carries on and I can continue, and finish my training with them, as I'm very pleased with them so far.

But should the worst happen, what do I need to show that I have passed the exams I have already taken, what should I be asking my Instructor for?? Or am I worrying over nothing?

Kind Regards

GP :confused:

kevkdg
24th Sep 2010, 18:18
What I did was keep the invoices and after I passed each exam I got the schools CAA Examiner to sign it off in the appropriate place on the NPPL application form. That way I was covered.

Whopity
24th Sep 2010, 20:10
You didn't say which rating you are training for however; your exam passes should be entered onto the licence application form (http://www.nationalprivatepilotslicence.co.uk/PDFs/Application%20Forms/SSEA%20Application%20Form%20Issue%2017.pdf) immediately after you have taken them and it should be signed by the examiner. This is your proof that you have passed an exam. If you failed an exam you should be given a copy of Form 252, notifying you of your right of appeal. The CAA also have copy of the F252 to ensure you don't take the same exam twice.

Usually the school will keep the applicatioin form on your training record folder. In some cases examiners fail to complete the paperwork when they should. The next time you go to the school ask to see the completred form; if it is not there or completed insist that it is.

6UP
25th Sep 2010, 09:21
Thanks guys,

Thanks for getting back to me, I shall certainly ask about the whereabouts of the application form, though I'm sure it probably already exists.

Just out of interest Im doing the nppl (slmg) rating, converting over using my BGA glider pilots license.

Kind Regards

GP

kevkdg
26th Sep 2010, 10:15
you NPPL (SLMG) application form won't exist unless you printed off a copy from the NPPL web site.

I also did an NPPL(SLMG)!

Print it off, drive up to the school where you took the exams when the examiner is likely to be there and get the exams sat and passed to date completed on the application form.

That's what I did.

Whopity
26th Sep 2010, 11:50
Interesting how the CAA write Standards Documents telling Examiners what to do and they can't be bothered to read or comply with them. What happens if the examiner drops dead, or gets run over by a bus?

BackPacker
26th Sep 2010, 15:01
Usually the school will keep the applicatioin form on your training record folder.

The other thing to worry about is if the school should eventually go bust, the premises will be locked up and it's up to an attorney or somebody like that to sort out the mess. Those people are appointed by the people the schools owes money to, so they have no interest in letting you (and other students) root through the paperwork and fishing out all kind of things that may (eventually) be needed in court or something.

So even though it's likely the original is in the schools records somehow, it's wise to make a copy once a new exam gets added to the list, and retain that copy yourself.

Equally, make sure your instructor countersigns each logbook entry after the flight.

Armed with that annotated logbook and a copy of your exam records, plus some sort of proof that the school indeed went bust and because of this you could not retrieve any originals (a notarized letter to the solicitors perhaps) you should not have too much trouble continuing where you left off.

Oh, and if you feel the school is in trouble, don't pay for anything in advance...:ok: