PDA

View Full Version : Revalidating CPL SP-MEP/IR

scanavos
22nd Sep 2010, 20:29
I was informed by an Italian examiner flying at an FTO ,that I may revalidate my CPL SP-MEP/IR by flying 2 hrs on single engine airplane to revalidate the single engine/single pilot CPL/IR and 1,5 hr on a simulator (a regular one, like Elite, AvSim FNPT) to fly the asymmetry procedures and multiengine IR.
Is it lawful and accepted by CAA?

Whopity
22nd Sep 2010, 22:32
There are two things to revalidate; the aircraft rating and the IR, NOT the CPL. As the ME IR covers SE aircraft there is no reason to revalidate SE and ME IR privileges seperately. You may need to fly a SEP in order to revalidate that Class rating if you do not have 12 hours in the 12 months preceeding expiry in that Class but, there is no point revalidating the IR.
You may revalidate your ME IR in an approved FNPTII provided the last revalidation was conducted in an aeroplane, you cannot do a renewal in a FNPTII, it has to be done in the aircraft.

mykul10
23rd Sep 2010, 10:11
Whopity is quite correct, but to revalidate or renew the MEP rating (in addition to the IR) the test must be in an aircraft rather than FNPT II.

scanavos
9th Oct 2010, 19:47
I didn't get any clear answer what to do in order to revalidate my SEP & MEP/IR.
Thanks

Whopity
9th Oct 2010, 22:56
To revalidate your ME IR you will have to pass an IR Proficiency check in an aeroplane or an approved FNPTII with a JAA IRE. That willl include your SE IR privileges. You can include the MEP Class rating test with the IR but that has to be done in an aeroplane.

If you wish to revalidate the SEP Class rating you either require 12 hours experience or you will have to do a class rating proficiency check in a SEP aeroplane.