PDA

View Full Version : Up North

Longhaul Larry
22nd Sep 2010, 16:48
reasoning aside i've always had a desire to fly for air canada. i'm a us citizen with TC licenses. i realize such a feat is impossible without citizenship or permanent work rights so i wont pretend its gonna happen without that. are there any americans at ACA? and does anybody know how they made it happen? i suppose my questions would be better directed at the department of immigration but aviation being such a sewing circle i'm sure someone knows someones who's buddy did what i'm trying to do. im very serious about making a permanent move to the north, i like you guys up there and genuinely want to contribute!!! cheers and thanks to all!!!

Lost in Saigon
22nd Sep 2010, 17:45
There are lots of AC pilots who live in the U.S. (or other countries) and commute to work.

I know quite a few Americans who work at AC. Most were born in Canada but lived or worked in the U.S. and eventually got American citizenship. Some were born in the US and for various reasons also had Canadian citizenship.

varigflier
23rd Sep 2010, 00:40
You can always marry a nice Canadian girl:ok:

PappyJ
23rd Sep 2010, 05:34
..a nice Canadian girl Please disclose the location thereof.

sec 3
23rd Sep 2010, 07:28
Marry a nice canadian girl. Then get f$$ked when she divorces you!:}

Longhaul Larry
23rd Sep 2010, 12:38
yes please post their locations... preferably ones that can pay for dinner as my awesome regional salary barely covers lunch.

varigflier
25th Sep 2010, 00:36
They can't be as bad as their counterparts south of the border. I have always been treated nice by Canadian girls.

VF

shutupanfly
7th Oct 2010, 04:59
I've been trying to get into Canada for about 18months, immigration dept doesn't seem to keen on accepting pilots. I have family over there too, but as yet, to no avail.

Was told by an immigration/visa agent that after the next election (which is when?) the entry requirements will change, but didn't know if there would be a change for pilots.

I need to get in to Canada for my kids future, life aint too safe on the dark continent.............any ideas?

+TSRA
7th Oct 2010, 14:26
Wow...after the next election eh - I wonder if you were talking to one of those down and out, red faced liberal types who think they stand a chance against the mighty and all seeing, knowing and powerful conservative engine that is Stephen Harper and friends. :}

All joking aside (or am I?) I dont see the immigration laws changing much for pilots. Its still all a points system (unless you marry in) and "pilot looking for work" always seems to have been, and I think will continue to be, a negative number on the application.

Of course, if the liberals do happen to get into power by some miracle of god, allah or other supreme deity bent on destroying Canada, then possibly the immigration department would begin to see fit to allow pilots to be placed into the same professional category as Doctors - but wait, what am I saying, we dont even let Doctors from other countrys do anything but drive our cabs, so I guess pilots do have a long way to go.:E

+TSRA
7th Oct 2010, 14:32
Oh - and I thought I met one of those cute, good mannered, nice Canadian women in Calgary the other day! I was relieved! They exist!

Then I found out she was:

a) from the rock;
b) engaged; and
c) worked at Tim Hortons.

Of course, all of this was deduced from:

a) an accent;
b) looking at her fingers; and
c) buying a coffee

The fact that she was from the rock can be overlooked, the engagement is only an obstacle, but I seriously could not get past the idea that she worked for Tim Hortons. All she wanted was my money - just like every other girl on the planet. Only in it for what money I have.

So I guess I have to agree, there are no good, nice Canadian women any where, espcially those that have the sense to know the difference between coffee and that sludge, oil crap that I recieved. :8

albertaboy
7th Oct 2010, 15:03
espcially those that have the sense to know the difference between coffee and that sludge, oil crap that I recieved. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/nerd.gif

Hahah! +1
That stuff is ****, but it seems 90% of Canadians have been brainwashed by a boston cream and a double double.