PDA

View Full Version : Flight Plan

Dude~
8th Nov 2001, 01:14
Quick question, I hope there is a quick answer!

Whats the easiest way to file a flight plan from an aerodrome with AG radio? Is there a tel number you can call to lodge it?

Oh, and what about customs at small airfields? How do you advise them of your movements?

ta

[ 07 November 2001: Message edited by: Dude~ ]

Fuji Abound
8th Nov 2001, 01:44
Take a look in one of the flight guides. This lists the numbers for your local unit that will take a flight plan by fax or phone. I have personally founded Heathrow very helpful.

Chilli Monster
8th Nov 2001, 02:06
And as for Customs - UK AIP GEN Section has the fax numbers of the Customs offices who you have to notify, depending on your area of arrival. Normally 4 hours notice is required of an arrival from within the EU.

As to the flight plans - use the interactive Flight Plan form at www.ais.org.uk (http://www.ais.org.uk) to fax it to the relevant FPRS

Any other queries feel free to drop me a line direct

CM

arrow2
8th Nov 2001, 16:14
For flights departing London FIR I have used Heathrow on 0208 745 3111 for filing by phone. They do however prefer a fax if you have access to one.

A2

Chilli Monster
8th Nov 2001, 23:12
Arrow2

Depends where you fly from. Flights from the North of the FIR have Manchester as their parent FPRS (Flight Plan Reception Section). It's always worth checking the UK AIP to make sure.

CM