PDA

View Full Version : Malta

skydriller
2nd Nov 2001, 23:47
Hi Everyone,

I may get the chance to spend a few free days in Malta soon with my work :D :D and wondered if anyone has ever flown there.

Is there GA on the Island?
Can I hire an aircraft there, if so can you recommend doing so with any particular outfit?
Is my JAA-PPL valid there?

Any info about the Island would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, SD.

Mister Gash
3rd Nov 2001, 15:14
Planned to fly down there a few weeks back, but my aircraft got sick. However, by coincidence my work took me there for a week recently, so I’d be able to fill you in on best places to see, eat and drink. Despite its reputation as a holiday spot for coffin dodgers, the nightlife in certain spots is WILD! I’ll e-mail details if you wish.

Gash

Warped Factor
3rd Nov 2001, 17:29
A friend was over there recently and did some flying. Here's what he reported back....

Anthony Greech
Paradise Island Air Services Ltd
53 Church St
Sliema
Malta
T&F: +356 332385
Mob: +356 (0?)9496513
[email protected]

It's a one man / one plane outfit, but he is very amenable, and his plane
was in good condition, & IFR equipped. The C172-161 cost Maltese Liri 50
(~£85) per hour, including fuel and landing fees. T&Gs are free. I got
checked out in an hour, and the following day took the family up for a
"round the islands" tour. Great fun ;-)

WF.

skydriller
4th Nov 2001, 00:25
Warped factor, thanks for that info, I'll definitely look the chap up when I get there.

Gash, Although flying is a reason to live,it isnt the only pleasure in life ;) , if you could Email me with your recommendations :D :D

Cheers, SD

Bluebeard
6th Nov 2001, 20:12
I can also recommend Paradise Air Services, I had an hour's dual sightseeing jolly with one of their pilots who also holds an Instructor rating, the outfit seemed reasonably efficient with a pretty tidy aircraft. Unfortunately there is only one airfield left on the island(s), don't get excited/confused by the civvie maps which show there still to be an airfield in the SW of the island. BTW, also agree that there is some cracking nightlife!

Mister Gash
10th Nov 2001, 22:20
Skydriller,

Info in your e-mail. Sorry for the delay.

Gash