PDA

View Full Version : PPL - revalidation

Jason2000
28th Oct 2001, 15:16
Hello people,

I am now in my second year of my PPL and so have to get it re-validated some time in the next year.

The problem is that I'm at uni and so don't have that much dosh at the moment - but I need to do 12 hours flying in order to keep my PPL.

My question is am I right in thinking I can just do a check flight with the CFI and not have to do the complete 12 hours or do I still need to do a minimum number of hours? Obviously I'm going to try and get as much flying done as I can just so I don't forget how to!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Jason2000
28th Oct 2001, 15:21
Sorry - just found my answer in the Questions forum

Quelch
1st Nov 2001, 23:11
Yes .... you can do the the licensing proficiency check - a cut-down skill test.

Your club CFI should know all about it - if not let me know and I'll find the AIC number.

CaptAirProx
5th Nov 2001, 13:00
Jason, If the examiner packages the prof. check well, and you complete each profile correctly, then it will take 35-40mins. If you are a little rusty then bank on an hours flying. Remember, if you do the prof. check within 3 months before the renewal date you will not lose any time left on the licence. ie. you will be signed up for another 2 years from the previous expiry not the test you have just done. It is a very watered down old style GFT. And yes you don't need to do 12 hours. Its taking a lot of people a lot of time to realise this so spread the word! If you want the profile, I can esplain it to you.