PDA

View Full Version : Spicejet Management Change and Rumours

alphabravocharlie1
17th Sep 2010, 05:25
Rumour time ! :E

With new CEO taking over next month, there is also going to be a complete change of management.

Latest rumours floating around is that Sandeep Verma and Vishal Sawhney (chief pilots) are also on their way out, to be replaced by Elck.

devyani_rao
17th Sep 2010, 05:59
I don't think what u r saying is true. I have been talking to one senior commander of spicejet, he says all this is rumor.. he also informed that spice jet has set up a simcenter in bombay, and most of thier hiring will be through this only, as they have finished recruiting cadets... but no change of management...

alphabravocharlie1
17th Sep 2010, 08:13
also .. the so far happily married couple Sandeep and Vishal are going to file for a divorce ! :}

the wife recently came to know about certain secret dealings hidden from her by husband and became upset.

honeymoon over :sad:

sky jet
18th Sep 2010, 02:30
alphabravocharlie1,

What is your side game here? I do not believe anything that you have postulated but on the assumption that you are right I only see two reasons for your post. A. You are trying to ensure that any unionization gets discovered early by the company and thus gets derailed or B. You have a personal axe to grind with the chief pilots.

I read this column for rumours, but I don't think posting individuals names is productive or fair. They probably do not read the site and thus have no way of defending themselves.

Jet

Henry09
18th Sep 2010, 02:34
Isn\'t it really below the belt to discuss and belittle real people on an anonymous forum? It seems to happen in the South Asia and Far East Forum a lot.

jimmygill
18th Sep 2010, 04:50
Isn\'t it really below the belt to discuss and belittle real people on an anonymous forum? It seems to happen in the South Asia and Far East Forum a lot.

Real people belittle little people. Little people left with little means.

South east Asia has countries that lead in corruption.

Valentino_Balboni
18th Sep 2010, 08:09
@abc01,Wasn't one of the reason for the breakup between Sandy and Sawhney something to do with the recruitment of P2F FOs?
@devyani, there is talk in the co. about the-love-couple running a P2F scheme for FOs willing to shell out a truckload of money, having hidden the fact from the management and each other.

estranged soul
18th Sep 2010, 09:15
While everyone seems to be talking about the "love couple" chief pilots (Sandy and Sawny), im sure we all know who the person in charge of this pay to fly idea with Simcenter (Miami) and SpiceJet is.

This guy is not an employee of spicejet and flies for the "king of good times".

He basically tried to please everyone in spicejet HR and lied to Sandy about the P2F scheme. According to the original deal, Sandy gets a small cut from the costs of type rating at Simcenter, Miami (FL).

Now, someone has gone and reported this matter to Sandy and Sawnhy about the additional $$$ that the P2F candidate pays for the 500 hours "line training package" at spicejet.

Sandy now wants a huge cut from both the type rating costs and the additional P2F line training costs, and this has really upset the boss.
meanwhile, how long can the other "better half?" of Sandy be kept in the dark ?? :E
Sawny gets to know about this P2F thing and gets extremely upset with Sandy. (Afterall everyone in the company's corruption eco system keeps tabs on each other !!)

now aparently they have kissed and made up and tried to sort out this "love triangle" ! (Sandy, Sawny and the guy in KFA who is handling this P2F scheme.)
the couple get a bigger cut, P2F candidates pay few more $$$ and are happy.
then come more party crashers, who go and inform the DGCA about the P2F scheme !! :eek:

..... to be continued soon ! .........

LOFT
18th Sep 2010, 10:27
so does this mean that the p2f thing is still on with spice.:cool:

Valentino_Balboni
18th Sep 2010, 11:34
This guy is not an employee of spicejet and flies for the "king of good times".

im sure we all know who the person in charge of this pay to fly idea with Simcenter (Miami) and SpiceJet is.

Well Well, Now if it isn't Mr.USR - know him since my AI days!

then come more party crashers, who go and inform the DGCA about the P2F scheme !!
Nothing would come out of that. Im certain that management reshuffle, which is on the cards, will take care of it all. Feel sorry for the young lot(if any) who fell prey to this scam.

av8r76
18th Sep 2010, 11:49
I for one will refuse to accept any flights with these P2F guys. I am not a trainer and will not subject myself to a guy whose only qualification to be on my right is his (or daddy's most likely) padded wallet. If these guys only fly with trainers then the progress of the line P2's and P1's will be affected. The only upside i see to this is the bigger account balances for the hustlers involved in this. Passenger safety be damned.

These P2F schemes are derided and scorned at the world over, and has to be nipped in the bud before it becomes the norm.

Good luck to all involved.

jimmygill
18th Sep 2010, 14:21
I for one will refuse to accept any flights with these P2F guys.

They will have they same colored stripes as any other, it will be hard for you identify who is p2f and who is flying to earn.

jimmygill
18th Sep 2010, 14:27
then come more party crashers, who go and inform the DGCA about the P2F scheme !!

A slight role reversal. Its not the informers who will be party crashers, its the babudom at DGCA which will be partycrsaher and guess what, the cost of caering will go up and more $$s will be passed on the poor p2f candidates.

DGCA may end up being an inadvertent spoil sport.

Pat_Boone
18th Sep 2010, 18:50
My advice..

Stay away from Simcenter, one of my student had lost a considerable fraction of his savings and is now facing a suit from Wachovia, for defaulting on education loan money which was sucked up by JetUniversity which was a sister concern of Simcenter in Florida.

Florida has a lots of nice schools, this is surely not one... for more read here

HOME - Jet University Sucks | Aussie Air | Flight Schools Information | FXE Flight Center (http://www.jetuniversitysucks.com/)

av8r76
18th Sep 2010, 18:56
You think it's that tough to find out who the 8-10 guys out of 130 odd FO's are when I work IN the company? These are minor logistical issues which can be sorted with one phone call. You need to aim your sights at bigger issues my little friend.
Don't get me wrong buddy... I have nothing against these P2f guys. It is the system of which we are all victims which is at fault and this is my little (however insignificant and inconsequential) effort to change ar atleast try to influence the very dangerous course that we are treading at the moment.

jimmygill
19th Sep 2010, 04:52
Pay to fly doesn't necessarily mean that the guy doesn't know how to fly... he will be no worse a flyer than the guys who paid Dhillon and who are currently flying with you, or who influenced to get in to fly and are currently flying with you.. just for example whatever level my flying skills are currently at, I am sure of one thing they are not going to go down if I manage some money for p2f, neither are they going to become any better if I struggle out upholding a not-to-bribe policy.

In the above sense I say, it will be difficult to figure out who paid to get in, they all will be in same uniform, and your refusal to fly with any of these girls and guys will only bring out to light your prejudice that rich kids cannot be good flyers.

If you think this practice is bad you can stop it right now, I am sure a few on this forum will be willing to share documentary evidence of this scheme with you, or you can give a phone call to get the evidence.

Crux of the above is, pay to fly is not going to statistically reduce the quality of f/o as compared to existing methods of selection it has been using so far. There are hardly any quality filter for selection.

The current method is just as worse, you should refuse flying from today, why wait for these p2f people to join.

waspmaker
19th Sep 2010, 11:34
Hey, could sombody let me know what is this P2F scheme. And is it true that JEKL is coming up with this scheme:ooh:

av8r76
19th Sep 2010, 12:17
is this person clearing a written test. NO
Is this person clearing a psychometry test. NO
Is this person clearing an interview with spice. NO
Does this person have his/her training done by Spice trainers adhering to Spice procs and policies. NO
Does this person have ANY commitment to this airline. NO

Please share statistics to support your claim. Don't throw around vague facts which you cannot support. This is another attempt to reduce the T&C's of pilots and does not bode well for the future. you are more than welcome to browse the FR and EZ forums and the pains people are going through with similiar P2F schemes. Again I am not a trainer and this scheme specifically specifies the term line training program for the flying phase.

I NEVER questioned their ability to fly well. i just question their ability to seamlessly slot into the spice way of doing things. I dunno rich boy if I touched a nerve with you but money has NOTHING to do with aptitiude.

DO NOT MANIPULATE MY POSTS TO JUSTIFY YOUR ARGUMENT. Again, instead of personal attacks try to address the bigger issues.
Over and out.

jimmygill
19th Sep 2010, 13:40
is this person clearing a written test. NO
Is this person clearing a psychometry test. NO
Is this person clearing an interview with spice. NO
Does this person have his/her training done by Spice trainers adhering to Spice procs and policies. NO
Does this person have ANY commitment to this airline. NO

You are writing as though you are a stranger here. May be you are.

The p2f guy will be doing all that you have listed.

He will clear a written test.
He will clear a psychometric test.
He will also be interviewed by one the the love couples...
Simcenter will bring them upto spice jet standards and procedures..

But yes, this guy will not have any commitment with spice jet, not because he is a rich brat(probably not anymore after having paid all that money) but because spice-jet will not enter in any commitment with him.

He has paid for his type rating he will not be under any training bond. By the way isn't commitment an already out of fashion word in aviation HR world.

Please share statistics to support your claim. Don't throw around vague facts which you cannot support. This is another attempt to reduce the T&C's of pilots and does not bode well for the future. you are more than welcome to browse the FR and EZ forums and the pains people are going through with similiar P2F schemes. Again I am not a trainer and this scheme specifically specifies the term line training program for the flying phase.

Let me make it clear. I am not supporting the P2F scheme, hell! I will not like to pay that much money. What I am against is the blanket prejudice that P2F cadets are no good, vis-a-vis other 250 hr wonders in India. For the preceding sentence discussion restricted only to India, because thats where spicejet p2f are going to be coming from.

Pilots' T&C are going to go down, I being a pilot will be the last person to want that or support that. All this sure will not bode well with the future, but no authority or organisation will ever be able or willing to investigate the side effects of this on aviation industry.

I am not an airline trainer, but if I were one, I will evaluate the trainee f/o without prejudice to if he had paid for the training or not. I expect the same from you, but your willingness to refuse to fly with them indicates that you may be unable to do this.

Since this is going to be the one of very first Indian P2F I cannot come up with any statistics. But only thing I know is being rich doesn't necessarily make you a bad pilot. But if being rich is only selection criteria, then of course its is unfair to those who are poor. Being unfair to poor, unfortunately cannot be corrected by exacting a revenge from the rich, by being unfair to them.

I NEVER questioned their ability to fly well. i just question their ability to seamlessly slot into the spice way of doing things. I dunno rich boy if I touched a nerve with you but money has NOTHING to do with aptitiude.

The simcenter training has been accepted by spice, and I am sure your bosses would have taken care of how they will integrate the Miami training to spice standards. Who knows may be they will be on junkets to Florida for that.

And if you have real reasons to believe that spice has some out of the world ways of flying theses jets, then I guess you should stop flying immediately until its corrected and brought back to worldly standards.

Here is some things for you to ponder,

1. What was the selection criteria, when United Aviation started selecting cadets for Spice Jet, was it any more strict than "should be able afford to pay for the elevated prices of training being charged by United Aviation"?

2. What percentage of these cadets are already in spice jet? Is that a big number? Has anyone been thrown out cause he/she lacked flying skills or aptitude. Or, if she/he hit the prop on the tarmac, ah.. sorry spice doesn't fly any props.

3. Spice has recruited too many f/os out of the cadet program, much to frustration of the unemployed cadets. Were they selected from the whole pool of 4-5000 available pilots?

If you can't figure out what this all represents, don't take it too hard not all are gifted with reason in the same manner as I am gifted with wealth.

jimmygill
19th Sep 2010, 13:51
so does this mean that the p2f thing is still on with spice.

I believe it is on, at slightly higher cost, and much more increased risk of losing money.

Valentino_Balboni
20th Sep 2010, 06:28
The p2f guy will be doing all that you have listed.

He will clear a written test.
He will clear a psychometric test.
He will also be interviewed by one the the love couples...
Simcenter will bring them upto spice jet standards and procedures..

Just found out from the office...And these P2F "I-do-have-a-rich-dad" guys won't be subject to any of the above. Nor will their (Or)"Deal" take them beyond 500 hrs. To me it sounds like a last ditch money making ploy by the love-couple of our beloved airline. Of course not to mention my ex-colleague from AI.

Boeing7xx
20th Sep 2010, 07:06
I was given to believe that the new management was very stringent on the maintenance of the aircrafts and gave out a huge amount to ensure that engg has enough spares.

estranged soul
20th Sep 2010, 07:32
To me it sounds like a last ditch money making ploy by the love-couple of our beloved airline. Of course not to mention my ex-colleague from AI.

Also, word from the new Maran and Sun TV camp :

The new management guys soon to be replacing the current ones also include new Ops guys/
It is almost certain that the love-couple chief pilots are on their way out to be replaced by Elk.

Therefore, yes .. it is their last ditch attempt to rake in whatever moolah they can from the desperate CPL holders under the guise of "Pay-2-Fly" contracts.

waspmaker
20th Sep 2010, 14:28
With Ekl coming ,who else runs the show,some of the senior pilots are busy enrolling people into the Association. Some people are spoiling the enviournment-

Henry09
20th Sep 2010, 14:38
Do the DCGA read this thread? Or are they equally corrupt?

estranged soul
20th Sep 2010, 18:17
Sorry young guns, but the P2F game of the trio (Sandeep-Vishal-Uday) is off for the time being.

Elk is back soon, along with a few other former employees :

SpiceJet turns to former employees to boost ops | Labor & Employment > Human Resources & Personnel Management from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/company-activities-management/company-structures-ownership/14963500-1.html)

I pity the dudes and dudettes who have already paid up to simcenter ! :eek:

jimmygill
20th Sep 2010, 18:44
Do the DCGA read this thread? Or are they equally corrupt?

Do they read the thread? Not sure.
Equally corrupt, yes abso-fecking-lutely.

estranged soul
20th Sep 2010, 19:42
SpiceJet turns to former employees to boost ops | Labor & Employment > Human Resources & Personnel Management from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/company-activities-management/company-structures-ownership/14963500-1.html)

Aug. 19--NEW DELHI -- SpiceJet Ltd, which runs the low-cost airline of the same name, is bringing back some employees who had quit in the past two years in a bid to strengthen its depleted team as it sets out to launch international operations backed by a new investor-owner.

Jack Ekl, who was the chief pilot of SpiceJet during 2008, and quit to join Rwanda's RwandAir and later Bangladesh's GMG Airlines is to return as executive vice president, flight operations.

Neil Mills, former chief financial officer (CFO) of the West Asian low-cost airline Flydubai is likely to be the the new CEO of SpiceJet, the second official quoted above said but the airline is yet to make an announceme-nt in this regard.

Valentino_Balboni
21st Sep 2010, 07:30
With Ekl and Ms.Vohra back, I desperately hope things return back to how they were, pre-love couple era.

The love-couple along with their partner in crime( Mr.USR) did try to bleed, make that stab, SG with an enormous dagger but things seem to have fallen flat.

Last but not the least with Mr. Verma on his way out, I am pretty certain he will lose his FID seat as well! Its definitely up yours Sandy & Sawhney! Enjoy your time off with Mr. USR.

bewildered
2nd Oct 2010, 05:19
Any more updates ???????????

AMM88
6th Nov 2010, 03:50
These P2F schemes are derided and scorned at the world over, and has to be nipped in the bud before it becomes the norm.

Keeping the psychological aspect aside,P2F might seem to upset a few people,but it does not necessarily mean its a thing for brainless kids with rich daddys.Airline Pilot jobs were once (or maybe never) for those who hurdled millions of obstacles to fly, those who started with little experience,moved on to different aircraft one by one,and finally reached an airline by the time they clocked about maybe 1500.But Aviation is business.Period.The airlines change their hiring process and their experience demands based on the kind of manpower required.Right now they have thousands to choose from.Its the survival of the fittest.Sadly,now airlines in India are giving preference to the ones not with the most experience,but to the most experienced daddys (influence wise).Theres influence, theres donation,and then comes P2F.These are all normally unacceptable in an industry of uber pro airlines.But you see this is India,(with an airline like JET AIRWAYS that,i thought,was top notch,until it messed up the recent first officer assessment and called for 'RE' interviews and what not).This is business and when the climate changes,you have to wear the appropriate gear to survive,because if you sit there waiting patiently for an airline to pick you up(putting in super hard work prepping up for assessments again and again and again),there are others who get in like a hot knife through butter.You just have to,sadly,strive to be them.

av8r76
7th Nov 2010, 08:32
Just because it's happening doesn't make it right. Last time I checked airlines are not FTO's. We are professionals-the key word segment being 'profession' which implies some sort of compensation for services provided.

I am NOT a trainer and will NOT fly with them period. Instead of assuming the foetal position and taking it how about making a stand and saying NO.

Flying is slowly becoming a domain of the rich. How many people have 50+ lakhs to get to this stage.... with no pay I might add?

So, by default, the overriding prerequisite for a flying 'career' is money in the bank, and I mean LOTS of it. Sorry dude, but that just doesn't cut it.

Moot point anyway since, thankfully, this P2F cr*p is off the table.

Valentino_Balboni
11th Nov 2010, 07:47
Looks like our dear friend/foe Mr. USR is upto something very demented. Here's the deed that he ended up committing yesterday:

Pilot held for allegedly molesting 8yrold girl - Mumbai Mirror (http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/2/2010111120101111020405357f42bed98/Pilot-held-for-allegedly-molesting-8yrold-girl.html)

......Am ashamed to ever having shared even the same workspace with him!

clear-prop
13th Nov 2010, 02:47
I need a sim partner, any one intrested in Q400 TR?

Henry09
17th Nov 2010, 10:00
Looks like our dear friend/foe Mr. USR is upto something very demented. Here's the deed that he ended up committing yesterday:

Pilot held for allegedly molesting 8yrold girl - Mumbai Mirror (http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/2/2010111120101111020405357f42bed98/Pilot-held-for-allegedly-molesting-8yrold-girl.html)

......Am ashamed to ever having shared even the same workspace with him! Valentino

It is shameful that you make such a comment before the man concerned has been tried in a court of law and found guilty, and is not the subject of some blackmail scam. Shame indeed. Innocent until proven guilty! :=