PDA

View Full Version : I need help deciding

hsmith
18th Oct 2001, 22:07
i know that i want to become a pilot but i can't decide if i want to go to school or through a private instructor. which is best?

hsmith
18th Oct 2001, 22:13
Please help me!!! I am a senior this year in high school and need you input on which is the best to do. :( :(

loglickychops
19th Oct 2001, 00:16
The quality of instruction is what you need to establish. Whether employed by a flying club or school or not, a good instructor is worth her or his weight in gold. If you know someone who can instruct the PPL course and you feel they could teach *you* then go for it - you will probably save money and get an extra element of enjoyment from it. However, a good flying school or club is all about commited and inspirational people who will give you the support and motivation to learn and develop your flying skills at your own pace whilst enjoying every minute of the experience - find one that works for you and you will benefit from all the comings and goings and collective wisdom (and colour) that a group of like minded people bring.

Go and visit a few clubs and talk to a few people - if anyone gives you a bad/negative/less than passionate response, walk away. There are two kinds of 'flying people' - those who want to fly and those who just see you as a method of paying the bills or moving to the next step in their career. It's not hard to see the difference.

Good Luck