PDA

View Full Version : New Eurocontrol UAC?

LessThanSte
13th Sep 2010, 21:16
Im sure i remember reading something on the Eurocontrol website a few weeks back about the setting up of a new UAC centre for southern Europe, based around the south of France if i remember correctly. But, now im coming to look at it again properly, i cant find a single mention of it on the Eurocontrol website, and very little elsewhere.

Have i dreamt this? Is it in the pipeline. The only thing i can find it FABEC, but im not sure that that was it....

(prepared for moments of embarrassment!)

avaltat
14th Sep 2010, 18:59
Hi, I'm pretty sure there is no such project at EUROCONTROL, and I work for them in communications so I would know. What will happen however is that their Maastricht UAC is going to second ATC staffing to Austrocontrol to cope with their staffing issues (planned around 27 Sept).

Hope this clarifies things a bit... :)

Daermon ATC
15th Sep 2010, 07:10
I knew I saw something like that the other day, but since it points to central europe I'm not sure if that is what you meant:

EUROCONTROL's future Air Traffic Control future Centre in Austria (Vienna) will control the upper airspace of Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Slovak Republic and Slovenia.

EUROCONTROL - Welcome to the Central European Air Traffic Services Programme Directorate website (http://www.eurocontrol.int/ceats/public/subsite_homepage/homepage.html)

SINGAPURCANAC
15th Sep 2010, 11:58
there is project currently in progress called FAB CE(functional block of airspace Central Europe) .That should cover Austria,Czech,Slovakia, Slovenia,Croatia, B&H, i.e with other words K und K monarchy, but the concept would not cover one single center. Each country will remain their own ACCs, but sector borders will follow traffic flows and requirements rather than national borders.
It should allow to future providers better airspace utilization ,safer operations and cheaper service for customers .
It is still the Plan,but let say BIG PLAN. Or at least some so called experts taking fine salaries further developing idea. :E

the previous plan called CEATS(Central European something....) included idea with one single center in UIR ,of course based in Vienna. Needless to say that they spent milions for nothing,but Michael O 'Leary already mentioned them. no need to repeat his words,that were sounding somethig like:
'fuc+ing office idiots,spend my money......."
:E