PDA

View Full Version : what's happening at Caernarfon?

cabair16
16th Aug 2001, 01:27
Could some one please let me know what is happening at Caernarfon.

I know about poor Alistair..but what has happened to the rest...Garreth Roberts..Andrew Brown..Jim Newberry ..et al.

It was a fantastic place..with a fantastic atmosphere. I was there a few days ago...all the feeling has gone..what has happened???

Whirlybird
16th Aug 2001, 01:36
If you look at the posts for a couple of months back we had quite a long discussion about this.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
16th Aug 2001, 14:01
Seemed OK when I dropped in in the Chippy last Friday.

SSD

agent.mulder
17th Aug 2001, 00:19
DA...I can see the lights, contact me at [email protected] etc with an e-mail address and I'll fill you in about Gareth, Andrew, Jim and all the other good guys and galls that used to be there. ;)

Whirlybird
17th Aug 2001, 00:55
I dropped in recently too. Seemed OK, nothing much wrong. But nothing much right either - not particularly friendly, cafe only just about open, and certainly not like it used to be.

jodeller
25th Aug 2001, 20:13
No one knows for sure what is happening at Caernarfon Airport these days. Only the airport operator, who is registered with this network, knows the answer to that but there’s not a peep from him/her on this thread so far. There’s not much more on the website either.

I've been down there more than once recently and found the hangar doors shut, no one in obvious charge and an air of neglect about the place.

A front-page article in the local paper a few weeks ago revealed that one of the companies involved with the running the airfield had collapsed with debts of more than £40,000 and from I've seen the end can’t be far away for the cowboy(s) who run this once proud airfield.

jodeller
7th Sep 2001, 01:45
Anyone know why the airport was unlicensed today (thurs) and yesterday. There was definately some flying activity in the area. This isn't new, the airport is regularly unlicensed these days. Things don't seem to be getting any better do they? :confused: :confused: :confused:

stella arrival
27th Jul 2004, 13:52
Looks as though this thread has been dormant for some time now, but for the record, Jim Newberry is alive and well and flying Lockheed Electras for Atlanic Airlines. Not sure about Gareth or Andrew.

Reynolds No.
22nd Aug 2004, 12:09
Hi Jim!

Good to hear your from you. Saw your input on Disco Wings the other night, very good matey. I'm still instructing at EGCK, but unfortunately Gareth has stopped for some time now. I've lost touch with Andrew. Send my regards to the old fugglies!! Take care.