PDA

View Full Version : Shoreham refuelers atitude?

TOT
12th Oct 2001, 23:52
Is it me or are the refuelers at EGKA from a different planet? Most (but not all of them)are arrogant, don't seem to care how long they make you wait,look miserable,don't smile and most off the time can't be bothered to reply when you try and pass the time of day with them.Any body else suffering the same?

[ 12 October 2001: Message edited by: TOT ]

A Very Civil Pilot
13th Oct 2001, 12:29
Sounds like most refuellers anywhere.

SKYYACHT
13th Oct 2001, 18:11
I have flown from Shoreham off and on for about five years, and I have never had a problem with them......ATC and landing fees are a different matter!

Toppers
13th Oct 2001, 22:15
TOT
Havent found it myself. Mind you, don't supposed i'd be too ecstatic seeing people fly in, having to refuel them one after another and then watching them fly out again. Especially on a day like today!

Smiles don't cost anything though and I don't understand those who can't make one now and again.

str12
15th Oct 2001, 02:24
Flew from Shoreham for about a year remember some of them being quite chatty. Maybe its just my friendly attitude.. :cool:

Vfrpilotpb
15th Oct 2001, 18:54
Eh lad, come up North, everybody will speak to you!

Fuji Abound
15th Oct 2001, 19:08
Never had a problem personally, but maybe it was just one of those days. I saw them recently respond to an emergency though (they also man the fire service) and it was very impressive, god forbid for the first hand experience!!