PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair 737 Takeoff minumums question

BOAC
11th Sep 2010, 07:44
Depending on the level of training of the crew and the airfield lighting etc, between 125m and 500m minima. I have not been to Limoges for ages, but I would guess at 125m.

fireflybob
11th Sep 2010, 08:08
I forgot the say, the plane we departed on flew into Limoges about 30 mins before we departed on it.

Limoges has Cat III

Assuming crew LVP qualified take off min is 125 metres (RVR) and, of course, you need a take off alternate.

latetonite
11th Sep 2010, 09:09
Looks like helicopter pilots feel a bit uneasy in this kind of weather.

Denti
11th Sep 2010, 09:18
Can go down to 75m for landing, however dunno if RYR has fail operational configured planes.

212man
11th Sep 2010, 11:05
Ivor, the JAR OPS-3 take off minima are 150m for an airport with IFR departures (or 250m without) so I'm not sure why 2-300m would stop you departing? On the other hand, if you had no 60 minute alternate available because the whole NE of Scotland is fogged out, that's a different story!

latetonite
11th Sep 2010, 14:10
Ivor,

You are absolutely right. I have I huge respect for how you handle those things mentioned, inherent to your profession. Do not take me wrong, we have different operation areas and minimums. And we all have our difficult particularities, probably unknown to the other aviators.
I had no offending in mind.

Chesty Morgan
11th Sep 2010, 17:25
Who are you lot talking to?!

:suspect:

Wazzoo
11th Sep 2010, 18:29
Who are you lot talking to?!

Heh, thats quite funny. I guess the thread starter had his question answered and somehow managed to delete his opening post but not the thread itself?

Having read the thread earlier it makes some sense but coming to it for the first time it must look like somewhat of an odd conversation!

The original question related to a Ryanair T/O at Limoges on a foggy day and the required T/O and landing minima.