PDA

View Full Version : Royal Jordanian Cargo

Flowerdream
10th Sep 2010, 07:12
Hi all,

According to some brokers and cliënts RJ Cargo will move to a new european hub (moving from Brussels to ? ) end this year anyone who has some related info about this? Like to know and we are interested in this for some mid-east cargo flights out of the benelux! TBC TIA

Smoketrails
10th Sep 2010, 10:32
A return to MST maybe?

Limburg
10th Sep 2010, 13:41
Maastricht very likely, but heard these rumours already several before and they haven't moved back (yet).

Smoketrails
14th Sep 2010, 14:11
Good news for MST:D:ok::)

Flowerdream
22nd Apr 2011, 07:22
And the winner is MST. Starting the 12th of June. 4-5 times a week.

Smoketrails
22nd Apr 2011, 10:42
Welcome back RJA!!!:D:ok::)

Acid-drop
22nd Apr 2011, 11:08
MST is perfect for flower charters ... but for being a hub... ?
It's only 1h30 between BRU and MST, it would be nice to know what the real reason of their move.

Flowerdream
23rd Apr 2011, 07:42
The only main reason, they missed the super quality and service of MHS and the quick turn arround times ...

Note this, MST is more then only a flower airport, the flowers are just a smaller part these days.

Smoketrails
23rd Apr 2011, 08:35
As the cargomovements keep increasing at MST, I wonder if MHS can sustain their quality standards and maintain the swift handling that has made MST an attractive airport to operate from!?

Flowerdream
23rd Apr 2011, 11:22
About the MHS quality there should be news out next week regarding this, the future about this looks very good!

I wouldn`t say this if we cant make it true but I think MHS is the number one in the benelux, and makes MST an attractive airport for airlines to operate from... TBC!

avia messenger
24th Apr 2011, 10:25
MHS is indeed the number one handler in the Benelux in many eyes! But now they need extra warehouse space, manpower and handling equipment to handle all the cargo flights. And last but not least MAA needs more parkingstands for these extra cargo flights!

Bob the Dog
25th Apr 2011, 13:14
Mst will always suffer from there one big problem! RUNWAY LENGTH!

Worked with them for more than twenty years and MHS is a good handling
agent and Mst is a nice airport........... but a bit tricky for a B747 on mtow!

CR2
25th Apr 2011, 20:55
Bob is right ref rwy length. Never mind MTOW on a 747, think about MLW. Needs to be "positively" landed.

Flowerdream
25th Apr 2011, 21:31
Well yesterday, A boeing 747 with max MTOW did take-off direct to Kuala Lumper (Malyasia), without problems... But I agree we need some more metres...

captain.weird
25th Apr 2011, 21:40
I am asking myself that RJC will stationate their pilots at MST too.. Someone? It is now a base. so..

Bob the Dog
26th Apr 2011, 07:26
Flowerdream, get out of your dream, it is not possible to operate a B747 on mtow of the runway at Mst................ This is the biggest problem Mst has and has been for many years. even the B707 and the DC8 we could not operate out of Mst on mtow.

Flowerdream
26th Apr 2011, 08:11
note the runway with 2750 m should be enough, we do have almost daily flights with B747 who almost use their max mtow (but most of them operate MST-Moscow...)

Metro man
26th Apr 2011, 08:37
Are we thinking of aircraft loaded to max Zero Fuel Weight and then only carrying enough juice for a short trip, or prehaps aircraft taking off on a short trip and being landing weight limited at destination ?

Could a B747 at max take off weight going on a long haul trip with no landing weight considerations be accommodated ?

Bob the Dog
26th Apr 2011, 09:11
"Could a B747 at max take off weight going on a long haul trip with no landing weight considerations be accommodated ? "

No........ not ex Mst:=

avia messenger
26th Apr 2011, 09:55
at MST they can load MZFW without any problem but the flight will be reduced till max 6 hours flighttime due to runway restrictions!

Smoketrails
26th Apr 2011, 11:44
As an ex-employee of MHS I can vaguely remember many of the freighters having restrictions on fuel and weight due too r/w length! But since the minor extention at the 03 end haven't some of these restrictions been lifted?

What (positive)effect will the new generation of freight a/c(B77F, B748 etc..) have on MST I wonder!? It must be possible for these machines with their power to operate at max payload from MST?